News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^ I don't think so (in my view, others might differ) . The timelines are pretty automatic and it all relates to GO RER. A lot of this start well before the provincial election.

^ I don't think so (in my view, others might differ) . The timelines are pretty automatic and it all relates to GO RER. A lot of this start well before the provincial election.

Maybe they're looking to tender all these out as one package? Do the TPAPs individually, but then offer it as one tender with multiple sections? With different works required at each location, it may mean better construction crew utilization, etc, and may lead to a lower overall price than if they were tendered individually.

Email received from the GO Niagara account.

We are happy to announce that we have brought on board the consulting firm to assist us with the detailed design of the new station in Grimsby, retrofitting the St. Catharines and Niagara Falls VIA stations, and enhancements to rail facilities needed to make this vision reality.

Wood Canada Ltd. brings vast experience and a history of success in project management, engineering and technical services.

We look forward to continuing to work with our partners at Niagara Region, local communities and municipalities to bring more GO service to the area as soon as possible.

You can visit metrolinx.com/Niagara for more information on the service expansion program. Please do not hesitate to contact us at Niagara@metrolinx.com if you have any questions about the project.

^ Good question. I wonder what will happen to Resource Road. Here's a good 2014 shot from Google Streetview showing the road going under the bridge. https://www.google.com/maps/@43.706...4!1sVQQy-k20BHrmY-NANJ5_OA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There is a section of the Islington bridge that is unused. The south underpass section could be cut back to add one more track, without disturbing Resources Rd.

BA4519B5-7E91-4BA9-8518-503FDCE3CC4F.jpeg

Attachments

• BA4519B5-7E91-4BA9-8518-503FDCE3CC4F.jpeg
    BA4519B5-7E91-4BA9-8518-503FDCE3CC4F.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Thank you for your email. I regret the delay in responding to you.

Although we appreciate your interest in our service, regrettably, at this time, we are unable to provide you with any information about a 5th bridge over the Humber River, and the impact that it will have on our service.

Summer and fall are busy construction seasons. We’ll be communicating more about fall work and any corresponding service adjustments in the coming weeks. You can stay informed about this by subscribing to On the GO Alerts or following us on Twitter.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

Sincerely,

Esther Hamilton | Customer Service RepresentativeGO Transit, A Division of Metrolinx
20 Bay Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2W3 customerrelations@gotransit.com This e-mail message is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.

Thank you for your email. I regret the delay in responding to you.

Although we appreciate your interest in our service, regrettably, at this time, we are unable to provide you with any information about a 5th bridge over the Humber River, and the impact that it will have on our service.

Summer and fall are busy construction seasons. We’ll be communicating more about fall work and any corresponding service adjustments in the coming weeks. You can stay informed about this by subscribing to On the GO Alerts or following us on Twitter.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

Sincerely,

Esther Hamilton | Customer Service RepresentativeGO Transit, A Division of Metrolinx
20 Bay Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2W3 customerrelations@gotransit.com This e-mail message is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.

I recently heard from a reliable and credible source that the Canpa Sub will indeed be used on a few occasions during upcoming work on the various LSW bridges. Sorry you had to wait so long for that non-information email :)

I recently heard from a reliable and credible source that the Canpa Sub will indeed be used on a few occasions during upcoming work on the various LSW bridges. Sorry you had to wait so long for that non-information email :)
Nothing new for Metrolinx.

The Lakeshore line is supposed to use Canpa Sub while the new bridges are being built. Trains will stop at Kipling both way, other than express. This info is going back a few years.

Nothing new for Metrolinx.

The Lakeshore line is supposed to use Canpa Sub while the new bridges are being built. Trains will stop at Kipling both way, other than express. This info is going back a few years.

I don't understand how LSW trains could stop at Kipling, as the Canpa tracks merge with the Milton Line after Kipling GO station, meaning a stop there would require trains to reverse into the platforms. It will be a great weekend(s?) for railfanning that's for sure.

I don't understand how LSW trains could stop at Kipling, as the Canpa tracks merge with the Milton Line after Kipling GO station, meaning a stop there would require trains to reverse into the platforms. It will be a great weekend(s?) for railfanning that's for sure.
They plan on having a temporary platform on the south-east track to allow riders to connect to the south entrance in the south parking lot. Thats the last I heard and it can be different now.

Not for the Humber River bridges. That was never the plan. The issue that will require the use of the Canpa is further east.

The station idea at Kipling was thrown about, but I've never heard anything definite about it.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Not for the Humber River bridges. That was never the plan. The issue that will require the use of the Canpa is further east.

The station idea at Kipling was thrown about, but I've never heard anything definite about it.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Canpa Sub and Kipling is part of the street bridges to be built, but not for the Humber bridge as far as I know. Then, you never know.

I haven't heard anymore about Kipling either, other than what I posted with info from various BOD meetings a few years ago and people no longer with Metrolinx.

There will be an operational issue one way or another if a Kipling station does happen.

Back