News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was hoping the new main track (old service track) through Malton would allow for a better PM eastbound schedule, without the 1.5 hour gap to let VIA 87 through.

With the current layout at Wice, though, the new track (blue) can't be accessed from the east without reversing, and the construction zone seems to end west of here.
wice.png

Does the current work include a connection here (e.g. dotted line) and they just haven't gotten to it yet? Or will the track sit unused until it's extended further east?

I am expecting a ribbon cutting ceremony for cleaning the platform.
I heard they had to strap Del Duca to his office chair to prevent him from attending any minor changes at a GO station.

What's happening on the south side of platform 4 at Bramalea? They just cut down quite a bit of bushes and vegetation and there Is construction fencing

What's happening on the south side of platform 4 at Bramalea? They just cut down quite a bit of bushes and vegetation and there Is construction fencing
Which end are you talking about?? There is still construction fencing for the west end the last time I was there with working taking place in the west tunnel and south stairwell. With the parking structure in service, the need for the south parking lot has decease.

I am assuming platform 4 elevators are working now as they were not when I was there the last time.

There is a siding off the south platform at the east end and it hasn't been use in the past decade.

If all the southside of Platform 4 has seen clearing, it could be for a new fence system that is to be install shortly or power feed.

IIRC they'll be widening the platform to the south, to prepare for the new pocket track to be added as part of OnCorr.
im guessing it would end up something like this?
bramalea.png

Or maybe they will have all triple tracked between Malton and Bramalea with the north most track going to the Halton sub towards Vaughan.

I was hoping the new main track (old service track) through Malton would allow for a better PM eastbound schedule, without the 1.5 hour gap to let VIA 87 through.

With the current layout at Wice, though, the new track (blue) can't be accessed from the east without reversing, and the construction zone seems to end west of here.
View attachment 364441
Does the current work include a connection here (e.g. dotted line) and they just haven't gotten to it yet? Or will the track sit unused until it's extended further east?
I kinda compiled the oncor track maps and tried to make it more clear what the have planned between Bramalea and Etobicoke north
tracks.png

Last edited:
I kinda compiled the oncor track maps and tried to make it more clear what the have planned between Bramalea and Etobicoke north
View attachment 364839
Much easier to read! Nicely done!

Last I saw, "Woodbine" station was planned for two island platforms between the 4 mainlines, plus a CN siding on both sides (not just the north side). Has that changed?

Much easier to read! Nicely done!

Last I saw, "Woodbine" station was planned for two island platforms between the 4 mainlines, plus a CN siding on both sides (not just the north side). Has that changed?
Oops on forgot the south service track but its in the on coor document shared a iut 4-5 posts above.

Back