News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Metrolinx's industry consultation for Construction Packages 2 & 4 on the Guelph Sub has reached Merx. Wish I knew the scope of these packages.

"Metrolinx is accepting [formal prequalification] Submissions for General Contractors for Kitchener Corridor, Guelph Subdivision Construction Packages 2 and 4 Associated with the Kitchener Extension Program."

Metrolinx's industry consultation for Construction Packages 2 & 4 on the Guelph Sub has reached Merx. Wish I knew the scope of these packages.

"Metrolinx is accepting [formal prequalification] Submissions for General Contractors for Kitchener Corridor, Guelph Subdivision Construction Packages 2 and 4 Associated with the Kitchener Extension Program."

Some info here:

1709650415271.png

I don't see anything labelled pkg 4; but, these 2 projects are Kitchener Corridor and listed for roughly the same time period:

1709650629919.png

Heritage road layover is also in market.

Source: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/...ement-Opportunities-Pipeline-January-2024.pdf

I'm surprised (not really) that they are again going to be working on Bramalea GO, rather not doing it in one contract.

The reference to Guelph Sub makes me think that Mount Pleasant and Bramalea tenders are separate.

- Paul

Some lights on at Guelph GO and screens are mounted, hope that means wrap up projects are imminent.

View attachment 546271View attachment 546272
That's a great sign. I was down there two nights ago and did not see the display screens, so they're definitely moving. I'll get really excited when track maintenance comes through, some tamping is still required I think.

Update on the foundations that were poured at the old Platform 1 site (Exhibition GO). Black tarp looking material is now covering and orange markings written on the retaining wall all the way east and west. Looks to me that track 2 will move here soon.

Also, the concrete footpath from the sidewalk at Atlantic Ave to the north stairs of the ped bridge has been poured. I'm guessing the building to the immediate south of the stairwell is where the tunnel extension will lead up to. Not sure what the streetcar looking shelter is in the foreground. I think once the new ped bridge opens that the connection from the bottom of Atlantic Ave to Platform 1 will be closed and all traffic will have to use the bridge to access all GO platforms. Speaking of which, the new bridge is expected to open in mid-April, as per staff at the Ontario Line open house last month.

20240308_145145.jpg

20240308_145030.jpg

20240308_145718.jpg

I suppose this isn't just a question for construction regarding GO expansion, but for construction in general. With the mild winter we just had, is it fair to say Metrolinx is either ahead of schedule or on schedule?

^ realize this is an obvious question but is the 4th track reaching and passing by Danforth Station? I can't remember if they need to make station modifications/add a platform.

^ realize this is an obvious question but is the 4th track reaching and passing by Danforth Station? I can't remember if they need to make station modifications/add a platform.

Eventually, yes, the 4th track will pas through Danforth station. However that is not part of the current scope of work.

The station will need significant modifications.

As for those retaining walls, I hate to be living next to them as they block light and sunlight in the backyards. This is the cheap Metrolinx way of building the crash wall they want next to their corridors and not willing to pay for it along how long it will take to do it.

As for the Danforth Station, it will have to be totally rebuilt if I remember right since I cannot find the photos of the station that I have shot over the years of it and could be part of the 50,000's+ photos Flickr has lost

This is OT and I need some info on how to do some tagging for my photos as I streamline them as well reduced the number of tags.

I used the GO Line names for things pertaining to the lines, but not sure how I should tag the line from the Don to Bathurst St. I could use Lakeshore West/East Corridor or the Union Station Corridor. Then I could leave it as Lakeshore West for the four line and Lakeshore East for the three lines. I am using Metrolinx Weston Sub west of Bathurst for four lines.

Any advice is welcome

Eventually, yes, the 4th track will pas through Danforth station. However that is not part of the current scope of work.

The station will need significant modifications.
In fairness, while the work to modify Danforth isn't in this current scope of work, that work is also supposed to start reasonably soon.

The intention is that all 4 tracks (and platform faces) will be usable and active once the station at East Harbour is open.

Dan

Back