News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Fair enough but those seat fabrics are pretty gaudy for today's standards
They are made like that to disguise dirt and stains. When you have a single uniform colour stains are very obvious, but not when there are random looking multi-colour accents all over the fabric.
It's actually a very common trick. The TTC T1 trains don't use it on the red seats, but they do use it on the floors with the "someone spilled paint everywhere" aesthetic.
Even office buildings use this trick for carpeting in hallways with weird multi-colour random designs for the same purpose; you don't notice the carpet is dirty until it's really really dirty, but their infrequent carpet cleaning is just often enough to prevent that from happening.

I wonder why it's been placed as a coach?
If I had to wager a guess, GO probably wanted another 10 car consist, but rather than moving 251, placing 3 coaches, and re-placing 251 at the other end, they just grabbed 3 coaches and a cab car and placed it in front of the consist, with them not bothering to remove 251.

Former GO cab car. It's now with Tri-Rail in Florida (I don't know for how long it has been used there). The video shows it the paint being stripped down to its original GO colours and then being transformed to a different cab coach style (someone else here is better equipped than me to describe what model type this becomes?) and being repainted.

That's thankfully not the same car. For one thing, it makes no sense to repaint it before chopping off the front end and grafting another one on, and for another, the car body numbers are different.

The second car is a Hyundai Rotem coach.

Yeah those two cars (the ex GO BiLevel cab car and the Hyundai Rotem cab car) are the first to be repainted into Tri Rail’s new scheme. (picture not mine)
005F4E1A-D516-4A92-8525-615937BBD211.jpeg

Former GO cab car. It's now with Tri-Rail in Florida (I don't know for how long it has been used there). The video shows it the paint being stripped down to its original GO colours and then being transformed to a different cab coach style (someone else here is better equipped than me to describe what model type this becomes?) and being repainted.

Tri Rail bought their BiLevels new. But they used almost the same livery as GO Transit.

Seeing the Tri Rail on social today reminded me of past discussions about the paucity of locomotive options in the market, with Wabtec no longer marketing the MPXpress and the issues EMD had with F125 and the backlog at Siemens… anyone for a few Brookville BL36GH with a Tier 4 MTU 20V4000? They are still up on their website… Only good for 82mph though, and DC traction.

Seeing the Tri Rail on social today reminded me of past discussions about the paucity of locomotive options in the market, with Wabtec no longer marketing the MPXpress and the issues EMD had with F125 and the backlog at Siemens… anyone for a few Brookville BL36GH with a Tier 4 MTU 20V4000? They are still up on their website… Only good for 82mph though, and DC traction.

Is Wabtec completely out of the passenger rail market? If someone was willing to place an order big enough, they couldn't figure out a way to manufacture the locomotives out of Erie, Pennsylvania?

Why is the Siemens Charger selling so well?

Last edited:
Have observed quite a few BiLevels in the 2600-2661 series running around in the new colours as of late. Have these started undergoing refurbishing or is this just Metrolinx making good on the contract to repaint the balance of the fleet?

Have observed quite a few BiLevels in the 2600-2661 series running around in the new colours as of late. Have these started undergoing refurbishing or is this just Metrolinx making good on the contract to repaint the balance of the fleet?
It’s weird, they’re supposed to be refurbished, however it seems with the new repaint contract, MX has started repainting them before they get refurbished.

It’s weird, they’re supposed to be refurbished, however it seems with the new repaint contract, MX has started repainting them before they get refurbished.
Its quicker to repaint the fleet than wait until cars are refurbished. Only seen a few train where all the cars were in the new colours, but mainly mixed colours. Only a few of the MP40 have been repainted that did not arrived in new colours.

For those of us who are not in the know, what are these magical service changes that they're allegedly waiting for to put these back into service and what does the timeline look like on them?

For those of us who are not in the know, what are these magical service changes that they're allegedly waiting for to put these back into service and what does the timeline look like on them?
Supposedly it’s the service changes done between 2024-2025 (likely also in conjunction with those 13 diesel locomotives that may or may not arrive at the same time).

• Sad
Reactions: T3G
Supposedly it’s the service changes done between 2024-2025 (likely also in conjunction with those 13 diesel locomotives that may or may not arrive at the same time).
Wow, that is an astonishing, and disappointing, timeline. It must be nice to have such low fleet utilization (and lack of accountability) to be able to spend millions of taxpayer dollars refurbishing something and leaving it unused for 2-3 years. Can you imagine if the TTC didn't put their new Flexity cars into service until whatever curse that has put so much of the streetcar network out of service all at once has lifted?

Considering that the CEM cars are the least comfortable cars in the fleet, I would welcome it if GO GOt over themselves and put the infinitely more comfortable classic cars back into service quickly instead. 🙄

Last edited:

Back