News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

i'm curious what percentage of old livery painted cars are left in the GO system?
I’m assuming less than 40% as from what I’ve seen it’s only the non refurbished Series II cars (which are all OOS), all the Series III and IV cars, some Series V, some Series VI, some Series VII, and most Series VIII cars.

i'm curious what percentage of old livery painted cars are left in the GO system?
I don't have any percentage figures, but from my observations of late, the following is still in the old colours:

-everything from Series II except for the infamous cab cars (56 cars)
-everything from Series III (62 cars)
-everything from Series IV (59 cars)
-22 coaches of Series V
-everything of Series VIII except for 2808, 2838-2857 and 2555-2560 (which would make 155 cars in the original colour, if I have put my figures through right)

That means 354 cars minimum.
Then there are still some coaches in the Series VI and VII group that are still in the old colours, but they seem to be getting repainted at the moment. No idea how many should still be left. This number includes any cars which are stored, as I'm not aware of any roster tracking that at the moment.

EDIT: Apparently there are no Series II coaches in service right now, as observed above. This is one disadvantage of having to edit all your photos RAW, it can take months before a whole batch is completed and you can tag it with fleet numbers, and you miss a lot of patterns.

Thanks. That looks like a reasonable vantage point, perhaps my complaining will be answered...

Reactions: AHK
Alright, consider me mollified.

IMG_3748.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3811.JPG
IMG_3813.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG

Also caught this cool meeting:

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

With ever 4 hours service frequency 😂
hey at least thats service and cars taken off the road. thats a start.

on a more serious note would a FLIRT like powerpack car be feasible to make these short consists? tri-rail running with 1 loco for 4 cars seems such a waste of motive power

on a more serious note would a FLIRT like powerpack car be feasible to make these short consists? tri-rail running with 1 loco for 4 cars seems such a waste of motive power
I believe New Jersey Transit wants to do something like this with their new Multilevel IIIs.

hey at least thats service and cars taken off the road. thats a start.

I would think it would make more sense to have a double decker like the KISS coupled to 2 or 3 BiLevels. That way there is room for passengers all along the train.

Back