News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Took some photos on the RH line, the trains were incredibly slow, I checked the alerts before my trip and there was nothing about the speed restrictions until much later in the day :/ Nearly doubled the trip tip for me.

Crazy to think it was all under water yesterday!

View attachment 581494

View attachment 581495

View attachment 581496
Saw a video of water flowing down some stairs inside Union Station because of a wave caused by a train pulling in. Might short the electrical systems if it gets high enough.

Hopefully a train dosen't get stuck in the Don Valley (flashback to 7/19/2013) again!

Last edited:
There's nowhere along that stretch that is anything approaching remote. Unless your carrier has spectacularly bad coverage along there (and therefore, along the north side of Steeles) you should have not had any cell service issues.

Dan
I'm guessing maybe the hydro lines could potentially affect cell coverage and cause interference but cell coverage is usually good in the area. I've had issues on the 407 in the area going under hydro lines.

Saw a video of water flowing down some stairs inside Union Station because of a wave caused by a train pulling in. Might short the electrical systems if it gets high enough.

Hopefully a train dosen't get stuck in the Don Valley (flashback to 7/19/2013) again!
Are you sure it wasn’t the video of the water flowing down the moat stairs? I don’t remember any GO parts of Union getting seriously flooded, only city of Toronto parts

W
Are you sure it wasn’t the video of the water flowing down the moat stairs? I don’t remember any GO parts of Union getting seriously flooded, only city of Toronto parts
With the amount of water flowing down the stairs, it had to go into Union Station as well the Team Way. As soon as someone opens a door to Union, water rushes in. There are videos and photographs floating around showing water in Union

Back