News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I like these diagrams, thanks for sharing. What's the source on them?
I made them (There was actually a general template online that I made into each different Bi-Level Series).
I need to eventually remake them but I’ve done a diagram on all 16 variants that GO uses.

There’s a few details that I got wrong or forgot to include on each different one, but overall they still act as a good representative of what changes happened to a specific model of coach, whether it be removing a window or adding step lights, etc
IMG_5585.jpeg

Last edited:
EP brakes can be applied and released faster and more evenly than a pneumatic system.
In theory, sure. And especially when compared to a standard, straight release system like used on freight trains.

But the system being used - and so far, only tested by GO - has not been liked by crews thus far mainly because it has not been able to release any faster or more reliably than graduated release.

Dan

Saw Confederate (Confederation?) GO yesterday. I couldn't tell if it was open because it looked in construction. I also pulled a spike out of some decommissioned branch line in Port Colbourne.
1000025168.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, 209, which was once in a storage line, has now seemingly been moved somewhere else amongst the yard.

Perhaps it's getting ready to be used on a run?

For what it's worth, 209, which was once in a storage line, has now seemingly been moved somewhere else amongst the yard.

Perhaps it's getting ready to be used on a run?
It's surprising that they're still being shuffled in the dead line despite older unrefurbished cab cars still trundling around. There was one used on the unionville go today

It's surprising that they're still being shuffled in the dead line despite older unrefurbished cab cars still trundling around. There was one used on the unionville go today
Those ones were built in the late 2000s - early 2010s, so perhaps GO decided it wasn't worth taking them out yet

Back