News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Well, that’s my beef with ML, but don’t confuse it with the person. I am not interested with a cutesy reporting of raccoon sightings on GO trains, but clearly the corporate communication strategy is, “keep up a patter of cheerful trivialities, and if they ask a tough question, add two sentences of corporate speak, but don’t ever speak truth”. I’m sure ML brass read every word that is put out, and they approve of that slant as the face of Metrolinx. If they didn’t, it would be stopped forthwith.

Don’t assume that the named person is writing those tweets either. The chief spokesperson may approve them, but the drafts may come from staffers.

I really respected Brad Ross for his curt “I’m not going to answer that”. It was frustrating, but it was unvarnished truth.

- Paul

ML communication strategy is more emotional manipulation exercise over actual information. The real meat? Blacked out FOIA requests.

AoD

Well, that’s my beef with ML, but don’t confuse it with the person. I am not interested with a cutesy reporting of raccoon sightings on GO trains, but clearly the corporate communication strategy is, “keep up a patter of cheerful trivialities, and if they ask a tough question, add two sentences of corporate speak, but don’t ever speak truth”. I’m sure ML brass read every word that is put out, and they approve of that slant as the face of Metrolinx. If they didn’t, it would be stopped forthwith.

Don’t assume that the named person is writing those tweets either. The chief spokesperson may approve them, but the drafts may come from staffers.

I really respected Brad Ross for his curt “I’m not going to answer that”. It was frustrating, but it was unvarnished truth.

- Paul

Anne Marie is always on the ball with her facts and information. Everything is always checked and vetted before hand.

Brad was personable when tweeting about the leafs but I agree Anne Marie is too personable sometimes.

Anne Marie is always on the ball with her facts and information. Everything is always checked and vetted before hand.

Brad was personable when tweeting about the leafs but I agree Anne Marie is too personable sometimes.

That's an interesting comparison about Brad because the Leafs actually had this issue too with a PR staff member like AMA. They let her go after a few months specifically because she couldn't separate personal and business. The Leafs were the story to be told, not her life. There's a term for these people "self-absorbed".

Last edited:
That's an interesting comparison about Brad because the Leafs actually had this issue too with a PR staff member like AMA. They let her go after a few months specifically because she couldn't separate personal and business. The Leafs were the story to be told, not her life. There's a term for these people "self-absorbed".

Depends in the comms goal of your org - humanization can be very effective when the horde wanted to burn the place down.

AoD

From a Facebook group:

"GO Transit announces improved Niagara region coverage!

Existing Niagara Falls route extended to Fort Erie and a new route going south through St. Catharines, stopping at the Pen Centre, Brock, Niagara College Welland Campus, Welland bus terminal, and Port Colborne."

View attachment 231626

Update:

20200218_193549.jpg

20200218_193600.jpg

Once again the moaning about AMA’s account baffles me. There was much less of it on here when Brad Ross was talking about going for a beer at Allen’s or some place in Rosedale, which makes me wonder how much of the critique of AMA is gendered. Absolutely nobody is forcing anyone to follow her account when almost all of the same info will be replicated via the official accounts. Follow those, if you don’t like the fact that she posts work stuff on what used to be the @ femwriter handle.

^Yeah, I found those graphics so hard to understand that I didn't give them any serious attention.

I hope Ml can fibd a better format - this is the meat of what some of us want to know more about.

- Paul

Back