News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is going to be fun

Lakeshore West passengers: During the weekend of March 12-14, some evening and morning GO train service between Union Station and Port Credit GO on the Lakeshore West line will be suspended due to critical work to upgrade our rail infrastructure.

- From Friday late evening to Saturday early morning and Saturday late evening to Sunday morning, express buses will operate between Union Station Bus Terminal and Port Credit GO.

- Trains will continue to operate between Port Credit and Aldershot GO stations throughout the entire weekend.

- It’s important to double check schedules and use triplinx.ca to plan your trip. Plan your trip here or see the full schedules here. Be sure to consult gotransit.com often for updates.

Friday, March 12:

- There will be no train service between Port Credit GO and Union Station beginning at 10:30 p.m. until the end of service. GO bus service will pick up customers at Port Credit or Union Station Bus Terminal and travel express.

- GO Buses will depart 4 minutes later than train times at Port Credit GO.

- GO Buses will depart 10-15 minutes earlier than train times at Union Station Bus Terminal.

- Trains departing Port Credit GO to Aldershot GO will depart 5 minutes later.

Saturday, March 13:

- Regular train service will be in effect between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

- There will be no train service between Port Credit GO and Union Station before 8 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m. until the end of service. GO bus service will pick up customers at Port Credit or Union Station Bus Terminal and travel express.

- GO Buses will depart 9 minutes later than train times at Port Credit GO.

- GO Buses will depart 15 minutes earlier than train times at Union Station Bus Terminal.

Sunday, March 14:

- There will be no train service between Port Credit GO and Union Station before 9:30 a.m. GO bus service will pick up customers at Port Credit or Union Station Bus Terminal and travel express.

- GO Buses will depart 9 minutes later than train times at Port Credit GO.

- GO Buses will depart 10-15 minutes earlier than train times at Union Station Bus Terminal.

- Regular train service will resume at 9:30 a.m.

There will be no train service at Long Branch, Mimico and Exhibition GO stations while this track work takes place. If you need to get to/from these stations during this time, we encourage customers to explore alternative transit options through our partners at MiWay and TTC.
The new GO bus terminal at Union Station is located at 81 Bay Street in Toronto at the north-east corner of Bay and Lake Shore Blvd.
- To access the new terminal from outside – enter via the main entrance on Lake Shore Blvd., just east of Bay Street or the entrance on the east side of Bay Street, across from Scotiabank Arena.
- If you’re coming from Union Station, you can take the indoor pedestrian bridge over Bay Street that connects to the bus terminal from Scotiabank Arena.
- Learn more about boarding at the new Union Station Bus Terminal.
- Please check departure boards before proceeding to your boarding zone and gate.

You should also know:

- Customers connecting at Union Station between Lakeshore East and Lakeshore West trains may experience delays during scheduled service suspension due to the schedule changes required to accommodate this work.

- Customers with accessibility needs can access the south platform at Port Credit GO using the accessibility ramp located beside the Kiss & Ride.

- Parking is currently limited at Port Credit GO due to construction related to the Hurontario LRT. If you are travelling from this area and have issues finding parking, please park at Long Branch GO or Clarkson GO.

This construction work is part of important upgrades to aged rail infrastructure. These upgrades will improve train speeds, service life and reliability, allowing us to provide better service to you in the future.

Now take all those disruptions and mue toltiply them wholesale when they FINALLY decide that they want catenary trains and have to close down all the lines again to put up the polls and wires as opposed to doing it now.

There's some forward planning for ya.

There will be no train service at Long Branch, Mimico and Exhibition GO stations while this track work takes place. .

if you are travelling from this area and have issues finding parking, please park at Long Branch GO or Clarkson GO.

I understand, in context, what they are trying to say; but having these two statements in the same release......................does not read properly.

For anyone not paying close attention, or whose first language is not English...............

This could result in some serious confusion.

What work is being done, exactly? Does GO figure that ridership is low enough these days that it isn’t worth diverting via Canpa and can run bus shuttles instead, or is work further west?

^From what I have heard it’s further work on the Canpa plant, but there may be other things being done concurrently. I’m told there will be an even bigger work block over Easter weekend.

- Paul

Now take all those disruptions and mue toltiply them wholesale when they FINALLY decide that they want catenary trains and have to close down all the lines again to put up the polls and wires as opposed to doing it now.

How are they supposed to put up poles and wires when they don't even have a choice of design or manufacturer for all of those things yet?

Dan

Parts of the routes have the foundations already laid to accept the catenary poles. This couple of foundations are at Black Creek Drive and Weston Road.

1613924254519.png

From link.

I looked back through the old Google Maps, and those foundations have been up there since the UPX construction.

(what, so you're saying that hydrail was political theatre? tell me about it)

You do realize that they do not need to shut the whole system down to install stuff right?

Then again maybe H2 was really the ultimate option . . . .

Does anyone know why the train sets that are in Long term storage on the siding track near ajax have their door lights flashing? I'm talking about the lights on the second floor that indicate if the doors are open or closed.

Does anyone know why the train sets that are in Long term storage on the siding track near ajax have their door lights flashing? I'm talking about the lights on the second floor that indicate if the doors are open or closed.

The CEM cars have a mode that indicates when the onboard alarm system is active. Anytime the cars are plugged into the wayside connectors, the alarm system activates. That's what you're seeing.

Dan

I understand, in context, what they are trying to say; but having these two statements in the same release......................does not read properly.

For anyone not paying close attention, or whose first language is not English...............

Yes, I’ll definitely park at Long Branch where there is no service at all... Unless their intention was for you to take MiWay to Port Credit or Clarkson, why would anyone who hates taking the bus park at Long Branch? Even then, this statement was poorly executed.

I do NOT understand what they are trying to say.

Why would I park at Long Branch if it is closed? I can take the 501 streetcar?

Post from five days ago about a test GO train going to Bloomington.

A follow up to that post.

Also released today:

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2021/03/...in-even-easier/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:

Back