News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I don’t even know what to say… Did they not review what passengers were saying about their service with some providing clear evidence on how busy their train/bus is? Were they blind and didn’t see that their service is overflowing to the max all across the network? The fact that they didn’t even share the service changes yet on social media says a lot already. It’s just pure disappointment and the absolute worst service “improvements” of all time and it’s not even close…

For those who still can't see the updated website, try opening in incognito. It's likely that the site is cached.
Or you can do ctrl+shift+r if you're on a chromium browser to reset the cache.

I don’t even know what to say… Did they not review what passengers were saying about their service with some providing clear evidence on how busy their train/bus is? Were they blind and didn’t see that their service is overflowing to the max all across the network? The fact that they didn’t even share the service changes yet on social media says a lot already. It’s just pure disappointment and the absolute worst service “improvements” of all time and it’s not even close…
If they are getting their ridership data from presto and e-tickets its probably very off. People are just not paying

1648134095625.png

Go Transit just retweeted a tweet critical of the changes...

... wait what?

The enforcement has stepped up at least based on my experience. I was on a train to Brampton last week and the inspectors came through as soon as the train left Union Station at 3:35. The CSRs would also have a sense of crowding both by the crowds in the accessible coach and by loads coming on and off the trains at each station.

GO Transit has a very solid track record of perfectly tailoring capacity to demand. That's likely why they started a big operation to lengthen a bunch of trains from 6 cars to 10 - they knew that there weren't any frequency improvements coming for April 4, so they needed to start adding 67% more capacity to individual trains.

My guess is that come April 4, trains will be completely full (highly uncomfortable for riders who just endured 2 years of pandemic - they will describe it as "overcrowded"), but not overcrowded according to their service standards.

or even returns of express services on LSW either.

Come April 2 commuter loads in rush hour will start increasing rapidly as that's when a lot of return to office plans kick in from dozens of major employers.. I predict it'll be a total mess.
In the absence of any express service, it's possible that the crowding problem may partly mitigate itself. Many former express train commuters may not choose to return to the train now that the only options are all-stops services. And other commuters may try the train, but then switch to driving when they experience how uncomfortably crowded it feels.

Capture0.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 387579

Response from GO transit by personnel Twitter message regarding their modest increase in service.
“As we see increases in ridership” - it’s hard to believe they’re not seeing ridership rebound with the piles of tweets and experiences on the contrary. Even harder to believe when they are super opaque and don’t provide the public with data backing up their claims. Not to mention that they could absolutely increase service anyways to improve the lives of transit users and give a break on high gas prices.

I don’t understand the strategy to DM someone on Twitter. Do they know it’s too BS to say to the general public on Twitter? If so then why bother DMing at all, instead of staying silent.

I’m so frustrated at this obvious political move to save big increases for a photo-op around election time.

“As we see increases in ridership” - it’s hard to believe they’re not seeing ridership rebound with the piles of tweets and experiences on the contrary. Even harder to believe when they are super opaque and don’t provide the public with data backing up their claims. Not to mention that they could absolutely increase service anyways to improve the lives of transit users and give a break on high gas prices.

I don’t understand the strategy to DM someone on Twitter. Do they know it’s too BS to say to the general public on Twitter? If so then why bother DMing at all, instead of staying silent.

I’m so frustrated at this obvious political move to save big increases for a photo-op around election time.
It's like the PCs and Libs are addicted to huge unnecessary photo-ops

Very likely the decision-makers don't use GO Transit, or public transit, in general. So they do not "see" the ridership increase.

Back