News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I wonder if GO would do the absolute unthinkable and hire an in-house staff.

GO become the employer? Absolutely unlikely, with the present government especially

The perception of that many jobs added to the public sector workforce, instead of a contracted arrangement, would not be politically safe, and would set a huge precedent for other sectors eg health care which the government is sure to avoid.

- Paul

Last edited:
GO become the employer? Absolutely unlikely, with the present government especially

The perception of that many jobs added to the public sector workforce, instead of a contracted arrangement, would not be politically dicey, and would set a huge precedent for other sectors eg health care which the government is sure to avoid.

- Paul
The size of the public service has been a front-of-mind issue for governments of all shades since at least Mike Harris. Small increases single or double digits that are necessary to accommodate a new government initiative are tolerated, by something that would increase the ranks by hundreds would give them vapours. The problem being solved would have to present, pressing and beyond any other possible solution. For the government, I don't think this is there, yet. They have obviously assessed that the heat Metrolinx is taking hasn't singed them, yet.

But ultimately, the whole point of the exercise seems to be to allow Metrolinx to point their finger at someone else and say "Look, it's not our fault!!1!" Which, if I'm being honest, seems to be a pretty standard operating practice around there. Crosslinx, anyone? Bombardier? I'm sure that we can think of others while we're here.....

Dan
What happened with Crosslinx?

Two separate CSA’s told me that DB is fully purchasing whatever division of Alstom the crews are from, is there any official indication of that or is this a prime example of information getting mixed up while being passed down the grapevine?

What happened with Crosslinx?

Dan

Two separate CSA’s told me that DB is fully purchasing whatever division of Alstom the crews are from, is there any official indication of that or is this a prime example of information getting mixed up while being passed down the grapevine?
I'm sorry, just who or what is DB that may be purchasing that division of Alstom?

I'm sorry, just who or what is DB that may be purchasing that division of Alstom?
DB is Deutsche Bahn, the national railway company of Germany. They are known for holding other equally dubious assets, such as Arriva, which has been causing a lot of grief for similar reasons as Alstom in Europe, particularly in the former Czechoslovakia.

I see @T3G answered just ahead of me, but I'll keep this here because of the links.

Deutsche Bahn

The State-owned national railway of Germany. But much more than that, a very large transportation business, both for people and freight.

www.bahn.com

Supposedly someone reported flames and smoke coming from the locomotive on the Niagara Train (559)

Turns out that there wasn’t any flames and the person just noticed the usual soot and ash coming from 559.

Again with the Niagara Trains..

I am not sure why but there are so many issues with the people onboard. moreso than your average GO train. Everytime I take the train to Niagara there is always an alarm pressed or some other form of passenger related delay.

Back