News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'd rather see cab cars designed with full-time bike storage so that they can be used during rush hours and make up for the declining bike capacity of the off-peak trains thanks to the newer cars having lower level accessible washrooms. You'd lose a few seats per train, but you would anyway with premium seating.

Adding additional cars to trains I agree would probably be better for optics than converting an existing car. As for the perceived 'inequality', I would point out that Canadians readily accept first class services as a fact of life on other means of transportation, including government-owned ones (VIA, and quasi-government Air Canada).

To offset some of the potential unhappiness with the new service, maybe institute a fare freeze or a minor fare reduction. Or perhaps announce lower off-peak fares to encourage more ridership on those trains.

And yes, seeing how UPX performs would make sense, although that wouldn't be directly comparable, because UPX doesn't have the "coach class" component to it. Maybe the solution is mixing in a couple UPX-like trains on the Lakeshore lines during AM and PM peak, so that GO+ customers have a 'premium' option? Make it an 'on-demand' stop service, so it potentially speeds things up?

AC still has their very own Act of Parliament on the books: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-10.1/page-3.html#docCont

Anyone know what happened with the track on LSE this morning?

Very little of that actually benefits the corporation. Most of it is constraints which no other airline experiences.

Yes, just like the 407 has an act in the Ontario legislature......it is an act to govern the terms and conditions that a previously government owned/run business can now operate in the private sector.

So, if we are going to call AC a quasi government company because they are governed by an "act" then the 407 should get the same treatment.

According to GO transit's twitter account, the new GO coaches launched today with the new interiors. Probably only a few cars in the entire system, but they are out there now.

Individual coaches have been out for a while now. There is a couple in service on the Niagara Falls consists.

Took the Express GO Train on the Lakeshore East Line for the first time today.

To be honest, while it was nice to not stop at stations, it was still kinda slow! There were cars passing us on the 401.

Why are the express trains still so slow? At one point a VIA train passed us and they were FLYING by us compared to our speed.

Whats stopping them from going any faster with the express trains?

To be honest, while it was nice to not stop at stations, it was still kinda slow! There were cars passing us on the 401.

Why are the express trains still so slow? At one point a VIA train passed us and they were FLYING by us compared to our speed.

Rail traffic.

I too wonder that, it may have to do with scheduling for access to the 2 track section after Pickering. If it went full speed it would catch up to the train in front of it.

It typically goes around 80km/h from my experience.

I too wonder that, it may have to do with scheduling for access to the 2 track section after Pickering. If it went full speed it would catch up to the train in front of it.

It typically goes around 80km/h from my experience.

Are there any plans to increase the speed by adding more tracks?

Do you recall where this was? It's usually a bit slower going through the switches from the Kingston sub and the GO sub west of Pickering GO and they don't pick up as it's close to the station. Pickering to Ajax and Ajax to Whitby, I can match my highway speed to the train and it ends up being between 100 and 110km/h (yes, I do this for fun some times).

Going through the same stretches, without hitting any switches as it stays on the Kingston sub, the VIA is usually going closer to 140 km/h, so there would be a noticeable difference if a VIA passed you.

Someone can correct me (probably smallspy), but I don't think there's enough room on the GO sub right of way to increase the number of tracks.

Back