News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I detoured by taking the 5:20 Milton train to Kipling, then switching to the Shorncliffe bus south to Long Branch, and then going west on the train from there. There was surprisingly a dozen other people on the Shorncliffe bus doing the same thing. It worked out well: I was only 45 minutes later than my regular trip. I understand the first LSW train didn't leave Union until I was already at my destination.

I detoured by taking the 5:20 Milton train to Kipling, then switching to the Shorncliffe bus south to Long Branch, and then going west on the train from there. There was surprisingly a dozen other people on the Shorncliffe bus doing the same thing. It worked out well: I was only 45 minutes later than my regular trip. I understand the first LSW train didn't leave Union until I was already at my destination.
I believe the first LSW train left just before 19:00.

Seems like Obico Yard and Canpa sub would be useful on days like today for alternate Willowbrook yard access. Obviously there is no direct access going westbound to northbound from Willowbrook and would need to be constructed.

I get what people are saying about speeding up the time it takes to put track back in service, but police investigations are unpredictable by their very nature. That's not to say that we shouldn't look at doing that, but the most effective solution is likely a more robust network that offers alternative, if slightly longer, routes for passengers.

Last edited:
Argos are averaging less than 17k per game in Toronto this year (ie. does not include the low crowd they got for their "home" game in Fort Mac in the calc)....presumably they would average significantly less than this in Hamilton.....then you have to figure out what % of those smaller crowds would actually take transit to Hamilton as opposed to driving.....I would bet it would not end up being a number significant enough to put on additional service.

Argos are averaging less than 17k per game in Toronto this year (ie. does not include the low crowd they got for their "home" game in Fort Mac in the calc)....presumably they would average significantly less than this in Hamilton.....then you have to figure out what % of those smaller crowds would actually take transit to Hamilton as opposed to driving.....I would bet it would not end up being a number significant enough to put on additional service.

Is the Argos lease contract really so weak they can be asked to leave mid-season with no notice?

Last edited:
Is the Argos lease contract really so week they can be asked to leave mid-season with no notice?
Their lease is such that they are most definitely a secondary tenant and that they would have to give up dates to the primary tenant if needed for things like playoffs. In this case they would not be being "asked to leave" as much as seeing that their remaining dates all have conflict (or potential conflict) with Jays playoff dates so rather than wait it out until a few days before each game, they would be planning alternate arrangements in advance.

Is the Argos lease contract really so week they can be asked to leave mid-season with no notice?
Given the rumours they aren't paying anything - then yes, it could be that weak, to obtain that kind of pricing. I'd assume they'd have to squeeze into away stands and series, rather than be completely tossed. I'm not sure what the minimum set-up/take-down time is for Rogers to convert to/from CFL.

Though surely this is a topic for http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/rogers-centre-new-look-for-argos.2138/ or http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...y-of-a-new-baseball-stadium-in-toronto.21171/

In today's service update.....the bus terminal is closed as a bus hopped the curb and hit the building.

Looking at the photos posted elsewhere, that's rather an understatement. Seemed to have driven down the sidewalk between another bus and the building, damaging bus, building, and the roof. http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=4666&p=707787

Other than a major health issue, it's hard to imagine how this happened. Hopefully no injuries ... there's often a lot of people standing here!

Are 14-16 car trains being plan for the Milton Line once 647 returns as well the new 10 due in 2016???

647 has been rebuilt to tier 4 standards as well been modify and is longer. It is now rated at 5,400 HP that will handle 16 car trains as well considering the current ones can do 14. With this HP, the new locos could be assign to the Milton Line since it lacks running rights for more trains without 4 tracking the corridor that is on the back burners these days.

If GO started to run 14-16 cars on the Milton Line, getting out of parking lots is going to be a lot longer, let alone at Union. Then the stations will have to be lengthen to handle the longer trains. Its the only way getting more seats on the line.

Time to bit the bullet for going to 4 tracks on the Milton Line since the day dream 407 route is well down the road and may never built.

More info can be found here
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=543753&nseq=154

Well assuming the Blue Jays win the division and do not have to play in the wild card game on Oct 6, there's one conflict removed. The next Argos games are Oct. 17,23, and 30. The 17th and 23rd are games 2 and 6 of the ALCS, and since IIRC, MLB plays a 2-3-2 playoff format only one of those dates would conflict with the Argos. Finally Oct 30 is scheduled to be played in the NL ballpark.

So out of 4 dates really there would be only 1 or 2 conflicts. (Unless MLB wants exclusive control of the stadium during the playoffs... I wonder how this was handled in 92/93...)

Back