40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

That must be Smarttrack (TM)

AoD

SmartTrack
AUTO EXERCISE RECOGNITION
Take the work out of workout tracking.

Isn’t it great when things happen automatically?
Porch lights. Coffee makers. Thermostats.
And now, recording workouts.

That’s the power of SmartTrack.

Get credit for your effort.
SmartTrack automatically recognizes and records your workouts and captures all your stats: like how long you were active, calories burned and heart rate zones.

With SmartTrack keeping track, you realize that every little workout counts—from a lunchtime stroll to your daily bike commute. Suddenly, hitting your exercise goals feels like a walk in the park.

Tracks this. And that. Oh, and that too.
SmartTrack recognizes activities with continuous movement or high movement.

Behind the scenes of SmartTrack technology.
Inside your tracker, SmartTrack is continuously running calculations to detect when you’ve been moving for 15 minutes or more.

I didn't get my SmartTrack.

Can I have a bigger tax refund? ;)

Just kidding. Just build the electrified GoRERSmartTrackWhateverMetro upgrade to the GO network. The region still needs to see the commuter system upgraded to a frequent 2-way regional rapid transit system -- whatever brand name gets slapped onto it.

This photo was taken at the level crossing of Pottery Road looking north.

John is standing on the edge of the Pottery Road asphalt sidewalk area, out of frame of the camera.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.688...4!1sUcsMjTDcEcNeRYcbvDy21w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You are allowed to stand on sidewalks that cross train tracks.
cEiiRbr.jpg

Real bad timing given the closure of DVP & Gardiner for "Ride for Heart" June 3 which shuts down all GO bus service to Union Station.

Trains are running between Maple and Union so that isn't a factor at all. I guess maybe customers from Aurora might have benefitted from a direct express bus instead of a shuttle to Maple and a train but it's not like people are being shoved on GO buses down the 427 or surface streets.

Trains are running between Maple and Union so that isn't a factor at all. I guess maybe customers from Aurora might have benefitted from a direct express bus instead of a shuttle to Maple and a train but it's not like people are being shoved on GO buses down the 427 or surface streets.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is that anyone going north of Aurora will have to transfer twice - at Maple, and again at Aurora.

Real bad timing given the closure of DVP & Gardiner for "Ride for Heart" June 3 which shuts down all GO bus service to Union Station.
Metrolinx and Toronto DNGAF about coordinating service. If they did, GO Richmond Hill and Stouffville trains would run on DVP closure weekends. Extra service seems to be possible for other events but not when shutting down a massive traffic artery.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is that anyone going north of Aurora will have to transfer twice - at Maple, and again at Aurora.

Has anyone seen a full schedule for the modified service? If strictly “train replacement” couldn’t they run express via Hwy 400. Or at least extend the 68 to Maple?

jeez it's for only about 36 hours

jeez i was just curious

When buses were substituted over the entire line, I recall they posted a full schedule that showed the 68 and 65 local service (as they existed at the time) AND express buses between Barrie-Union and some 65C between Aurora-Union (presumably for additional capacity during the weekend peaks).

Similarly, when freight traffic causes the Monday/Thursday short-turns at Maple, Aurora gets a bus to Maple via King AND an express to Union.

It’s nice to see one-seat options are considered while maintaining network connectivity. Just wondering what was offered this go-round.

Unfortunately had to drop off the forums to get started at my new job a few questions as I try to catch up:

Whats the status of the mother of all DBFOM's? RER Electrification etc.

Have we really heard this little about GO from the PC's, hopefully its not because they don't want to bring awareness to stuff they may cancel.

Do we see 2WAD Kitchener and Niagara service continuing without Electrification? Wouldn't capacity be an issue especially on LSW?

Anything else interesting happen service wise?
The mother of all DBFOM is here. Current status is RFQ closed.

When do we expect to hear more, I am saying a prayer that RER can survive.

I guess what I am really asking is when we expect to see the short list.

I think ReR is very much in jeopardy. Outside of these boards, the letters mean very little.....all people know is that they want/need more/better service.

More/better service can be delivered in many forms and (for example), if you left the Lakeshore Lines at 30 minute off peak service....no one on those lines would view it as a "cut".......if you found a way to get more trains into Bramalea and all of a sudden offered hourly evening and weekend service to that station....no one on the Kitchener line would view it as a cut....to many it would be status quo and to a very significant portion of the line it would be a huge service increase....I am not as familiar with actual points on the other lines but you get the point....you can cut ReR from the plans and still not give the public the feeling/impression that anything has been cut....in fact some will see more service (perhaps even sooner) and it will feel like a positive.

I sense you are a fan of ReR, so I believe you have every right to be concerned.

I think ReR is very much in jeopardy. Outside of these boards, the letters mean very little.....all people know is that they want/need more/better service.

More/better service can be delivered in many forms and (for example), if you left the Lakeshore Lines at 30 minute off peak service....no one on those lines would view it as a "cut".......if you found a way to get more trains into Bramalea and all of a sudden offered hourly evening and weekend service to that station....no one on the Kitchener line would view it as a cut....to many it would be status quo and to a very significant portion of the line it would be a huge service increase....I am not as familiar with actual points on the other lines but you get the point....you can cut ReR from the plans and still not give the public the feeling/impression that anything has been cut....in fact some will see more service (perhaps even sooner) and it will feel like a positive.

I sense you are a fan of ReR, so I believe you have every right to be concerned.

Unless GO offers continued express service from Brampton to Union Station via Highways 410/401, it wouldn't be status quo for many riders, who would be forced to make a transfer to/from a bus with a 10-15 minute pad in the schedule, increasing travel times, and reducing service from every half hour to every hour. But you know that.

Back