News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There are two 17:15 Lakeshore East trains?

It's a bit annoying to have to look at the scrolling destinations strip to identify the correct one.
Wish they had scheduled one a minute later so it would be easier to correspond with a schedule.

There are two 17:15 Lakeshore East trains?

It's a bit annoying to have to look at the scrolling destinations strip to identify the correct one.
Wish they had scheduled one a minute later so it would be easier to correspond with a schedule.
I know many people have missed connecting bus trips at Whitby and Oshawa because the ended up on the all stop train instead of the express train that has the connections.

I know many people have missed connecting bus trips at Whitby and Oshawa because the ended up on the all stop train instead of the express train that has the connections.
Looks like the schedule has been this way for years. I never noticed.

As one of those 5:15 trains is coming from Lakeshore West, and arrives as a 5:11, I wonder why they don't just call it a 5;13, which is the normal dwell time at Union, and then pad the schedule a bit.

Makes sense. Geographically, Niagara is south of Union. In terms of routing, the train goes west, then east.
Isn't the real reason it makes sense is because it brings a Lakeshore Service in-line with the rest of the train system in that it names the route by it's endpoint? Train to Kitchener on that board says "Kitchener" not "Northwest GO" (or some other name).

Looks like the schedule has been this way for years. I never noticed.

As one of those 5:15 trains is coming from Lakeshore West, and arrives as a 5:11, I wonder why they don't just call it a 5;13, which is the normal dwell time at Union, and then pad the schedule a bit.

Exactly. There would a 5:13 train and a 5:15 train. Not two different 5:15 trains leaving you to wait for the (..... scroll..... scroll.....scroll)

Also there used to be a handy Union departures screen on the website which matched the physical screens in the station. It appears to be gone and it's replacement is less effective :-(

Also there used to be a handy Union departures screen on the website which matched the physical screens in the station. It appears to be gone and it's replacement is less effective :-(
Not gone, but very well hidden. You have to go through the stations dialogue ... Home/Station, Stops and Parking/Find a Station or Stop/Union Station GO/See all departures ... which leads to the 735-character URL https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/scheduled-departures/station?station-code=UN&currentDepartureQuery={"from":{},"to":null,"departArrive":"NOW","date":"","time":"","numItineraries":"3","maxWalkDistance":"10000","isSchedule":true,"isFavourite":false,"fromSearchQuery":"Union Station GO, TORONTO","fromStation":"","fromCode":"UN","toCode":"","toStation":"","algoliaSuggestions":[],"viableStations":[],"closestStations":[],"validForm":false,"queryForSharing":{},"miniSchedule":""}&sharedLink=true

To be honest, I couldn't find it either, and had to ask Go Transit what happened to it!

On the bright side, this one is more generic, and allows for similar information for other stops, but I don't see any others enabled yet for rail. Though buses are visible!

The link one back from that, for the station, shows the next 3 departures, and is easier to tweak for other stops, if you know the code for each station or stop (UN - Union, DA - Danforth, BE - Bramalea, 00132 - Square One.

So https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/scheduled-departures/station?station-code=00132&currentDepartureQuery={"from":{},"to":null,"departArrive":"NOW","date":"","time":"","numItineraries":"3","maxWalkDistance":"10000","isSchedule":true,"isFavourite":false,"fromSearchQuery":"Square One GO Bus Terminal, MISSISSAUGA","fromStation":"","fromCode":"00132","toCode":"","toStation":"","algoliaSuggestions":[],"viableStations":[],"closestStations":[],"validForm":false,"queryForSharing":{},"miniSchedule":""}&sharedLink=true shows all the upcoming bus departures from Square One.

Last edited:

Back