News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any updates on GO's station access policy? Shouldn't that go hand in hand with TOD?

Why does it make anyone wonder anything before all the FACTS are in? People do stupid things every day. And we are responsible for our own well-being. Follow the rules. Keep your eyes open.

Any unnecessary death is sad. But it does not make me wonder anything about anyone`s policies until the facts are clear. Sometimes a death is by misadventure which is a polite legal term for stupidity and ignoring the rules.

Last edited:
Why does it make anyone wonder anything before all the FACTS are in. People do stupid things every day. And we are responsible for our own well-being. Follow the rules. Keep your eyes open.

Any unnecessary death is sad. But it does not make me wonder anything about anyone`s policies until the facts are clear. Sometimes a death is by misadventure which is a polite legal term for stupidity and ignoring the rules.

Because people have been fed a non-stop diet of rights, rights, rights, me, me, me with no regard for taking personal responsibility.

Shopify runs a couple of buses from downtown Toronto to their office in Waterloo every morning, and back in the afternoons. It wouldn't surprise me if others did the same.

Dan

It's not really for daily commuters, it's more for occasional day trips between offices (both cities have sizeable offices although Toronto is much bigger).

Why does it make anyone wonder anything before all the FACTS are in? People do stupid things every day. And we are responsible for our own well-being. Follow the rules. Keep your eyes open.

Who knows how the death happened. All we know the person died

It's not really for daily commuters, it's more for occasional day trips between offices (both cities have sizeable offices although Toronto is much bigger).

In the case of Shopify, it's absolutely for daily commuters who happen to work for the company and live in Toronto. A friend of mine takes it 3 to 4 days per week.

It's certainly not open to the general public however, if that's the point that you're trying to get across.

Dan

In the case of Shopify, it's absolutely for daily commuters who happen to work for the company and live in Toronto. A friend of mine takes it 3 to 4 days per week.

It's certainly not open to the general public however, if that's the point that you're trying to get across.

Dan

It's for Shopify employees in both cities to visit the other office, they go both ways. I guess it's possible to commute every single day on it's not as common as using it for occasional trips was my impression.

Even on a bus with wifi it's a pretty long commute to do 3-4 hours on a bus every day. Personally I'm skeptical that a lot of people would commute from Toronto to Waterloo or visa versa every single day with the amount of jobs available in the same city. For example, Shopify Toronto is significantly bigger than Shopify Waterloo, so someone living in Toronto would probably join a Toronto team in most cases.

The nature of modern work allows a lot of people to work from home 2 days a week and do a mega-commute the other 3 days. A lot of jobs don't require that strict 9-5 in the office any more.

Working from home 2 days a week and doing a 3 hour (round trip) commute the other 3 days results in 9 hours a week spent commuting - or about the equivalent of a 54 minute commute each way on a 5 day schedule. Lots and lots of people have commutes in that range.

Back