News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don’t understand why they keep making university routes slow and unreliable to commute on. This includes the infamous rerouting from York U to Highway 407 station and not introducing a permanent fare integration structure for the compromise, but at least i can say all the go buses that stop at 407 use a free flowing highway and some go 2x the distance as the 25 and 88 while also feeling like it’s convenient and reliable across the entire route. Besides this, the only university route that i could find anywhere near bearable is the 29 that goes to U of Guelph from (recently) Kipling. It has reasonable stops and most of the time its spent on the highway actually heading to/from there which makes this an enjoyable ride.

I know the Waterloo and Peterborough routes have local stops for the best convenience for all university students, but we shouldn’t penalize the commuters that travel from the GTA on these slower routes and expect them to feel like its a good experience. We already have 25F and 30 for Waterloo so it isn’t that bad in terms of options, but i would love to see a 407 bus route heading to Peterborough as it would not only use all of the extended portion of the highway, but thanks to the 35/115 connection at the end, this bus could be the all day express option for Trent students. Of course an express bus from Oshawa (88C?) would also be recommended connecting people from the Lakeshore line/Durham students as fast as possible as well.

From the agenda for the Dec 2nd Mx Board meeting:

1637956726109.png

I wonder if this means a diversion onto the York Subdivision to the Richmond Hill line? Via was doing this yesterday for other not related reasons. Or they are going to do train/bus bridges.
Maybe they are negotiating that now. But it's pretty busy being CN's only path from the Kingston Sub to Brampton.

Delay on LSE now expected to last until Thursday a.m.
Per Metrolinx Blog,
"Starting Monday morning (Nov. 29), GO Transit will run half-hour service to all stations along the Lakeshore East line using a combination of rail and bus services. However, journey times for customers using stations between Oshawa and Rouge Hill and travelling to Union Station, will face delays of approximately 30 minutes.
Lakeshore East GO trains will continue to run between Union Station and Guildwood GO, and between Pickering and Oshawa GO stations. Shuttle buses will bridge the gap and take customers between Guildwood and Pickering GO stations, where they will be able to connect with a Lakeshore East GO train.
As a result, customers are asked to plan ahead, give themselves extra time and be sure to check the GO Transit website before heading out the door"

Links here:

Last edited:

Back