News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Hook up some autoracks or those mail carrying box cars that Amtrak had that were rated for higher speeds. That should help. Considering these are parked for 7 months of the year it's kinda a waste. I guess they can carry strollers in the winter time. How many SUV children buggy's can a bike car hold?

It's good that people are using it. Keeps cars off the road.

Could be used in winter to carry skis & snowboards... would be amazing if we had a rail connection to a ski hill accessible from Union. I know it's not going to happen, but imagine if a station could be built on the CP line at Glen Eden for weekend service.

Waiting for “government approval” eh? Get it done Doug!

Lets pull this forward for everyone:

1661869896567.png

So, what GO's communications people are saying is:

Tweet at Minister Mulroney and ask why she's holding everything up.

"should" be out by the end of the week...they kind of have to be out by the end of the week unless they plan on running no service on Saturday.

I walked past Anne Marie Aikins yesterday afternoon and wanted to ask her where the damn schedules are lol

Schedule Changes are up, mostly bus only as predicted, however there are a few train service adjustments. Nothing to get crazy over though:

You sure? No train schedule changes are showing for me. Near term train schedule changes have been up for a while.

I think big rail improvements were planned for, but staffing issues at Alstom has prevented that from happing this round anyway.

Sure, intentions for big improvements led to pulling back from full Hamilton service.

Frankly I’m at the point that I genuinely don’t think Metrolinx wants to run trains and is looking for excuses. It seems like we’re going to have to fight them every schedule period, which is sure made harder by releasing them with only a couple days notice,

ugh.

:mad:

The links to the revised schedules are up, but most links to the new schedules go to 404 screens.

EDIT: it seems that Hurontario LRT construction (the one that Ford unilaterally named for his crony) is the excuse for reduced evening service, judging by the explanations for changes to Routes 12 and 15 in the link above.

But why cut the trains that continue to West Harbour?

Last edited:
Sure, intentions for big improvements led to pulling back from full Hamilton service.

Frankly I’m at the point that I genuinely don’t think Metrolinx wants to run trains and is looking for excuses. It seems like we’re going to have to fight them every schedule period, which is sure made harder by releasing them with only a couple days notice,

ugh.

:mad:
It's been pointed out several times on these boards, but a lot of it does genuinely seem to be out of MX's control. Not only is staffing a problem due to COVID being an ongoing issue (this can be seen with how often trains are just cancelled out of the blue due to staff shortages), but also it is alleged by some on this board that crew are leaving GO in favour of working at other companies like CN and VIA. Metrolinx are hiring new operators to remedy this issue (I see ads for GO Job opportunities all the time), but ignoring the fact that it takes many months of training to get a new hire fully working, it is unclear by how much the new influx of personnel are outpacing the worker drain GO is experiencing.

Back