News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

FTA:

Metrolinx is set to introduce eight new, refurbished bike-specific carriages to trains in and out of Toronto as it finalizes its response to an influx of electric bikes on its network.

Eclipse trips have been announced:

eclipse.png

Niagara Falls proper always has a mist rising over it. Seems like the last place one would choose to get a clear view.

Port Colborne, maybe.....

- Paul

Im planning to go to Fort Erie if it’s a clear day. If it’s overcast, I’ll just enjoy the short period of darkness in Hamilton.

Im planning to go to Fort Erie if it’s a clear day. If it’s overcast, I’ll just enjoy the short period of darkness in Hamilton.

If it's clear enough I'll take my mountain bike down to Turkey Point, although all the parking around the TPMBC area will probably be rammed that day with everybody who thought just like me.

If only it were feasible to send some GO trains between Hamilton GO Centre and Fort Erie on the CP… but maybe CP would not like that precedent set.

If only it were feasible to send some GO trains between Hamilton GO Centre and Fort Erie on the CP… but maybe CP would not like that precedent set.
The line to fort Erie is actually a CN line. So, it is a little more possible, and maybe even a little better to set this president for the future of rail in this area.

Thanks - clearly I forgot the CP ends a bit short at Stevensville

An interesting little bit of co-production.... it made no sense for the two competing railways to each maintain lightly-used parallel trackage..... so they decided to cooperate. It happens when the will and the right incentives are there.

- Paul

Thanks - clearly I forgot the CP ends a bit short at Stevensville
No worries. I like that map system as i shows things like this clearly.

I do wonder if there will ever be the business case for GO to ever put a station in Fort Erie. I doubt it, but at least the tracks are still there. There was one there, but it has since been demolished.

Back