News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Again, it is not a competition, but your comment made me think out loud about what the total cost of the multiple projects are at Union?

Shed....second subway platform...new concourse and retail renovation.....nw path extension? It's all amazing stuff...and coming from different budgets/pockets...but I would have thought the total was beyond $1B....no?
About $1 billion.

There are "only" 3 funding components. Station, Train Shed, and 2nd Platform. Everything mentioned is contained in one of those 3.

Corridor improvements (switches, signals, track realignment) are not in those but they're also not really station related.
I thought there were 2 further ones. The northwest PATH connection up to Wellington, and the Front Street streetscaping (though that's relatively minor in comparison).

About $1 billion.

I thought there were 2 further ones. The northwest PATH connection up to Wellington, and the Front Street streetscaping (though that's relatively minor in comparison).

Front is separate but I was pretty sure at least part of the NW PATH funding was in the station renovation budget and not issued after. I'm probably wrong but don't particularly want to dig through old capital budgets to find out.

Taken today.

029.jpg

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 996
I'm surprised they haven't started on the last segment of roof truss yet. They have really slowed visible progress on the glass roof lately it seems.

I'm surprised they haven't started on the last segment of roof truss yet. They have really slowed visible progress on the glass roof lately it seems.
false statement.
They are preparing the support structures (blue steel cages) for the last set of columns. I expect them to go up within a couple of weeks. Glass coverage progressed significantly (at least under the roof) and creeps slowly towards the edges of the completed roof.
As they are working on the new staircases, escalators and elevators from the platforms to the new York concourse, there are at least 4-5 visible steel elevator structures (again, I'll call them "cages"). Work is progressing.

MB: Good pictures showing the Union Station canopy construction...

In pic #7 appropriately there looks to be a track sign (7) and a black on white sign above 0.00 - is that a mile sign
showing the exact location of that mile mark?

LI MIKE

The roof trusses are still the same as they were months ago.

Footing is in place for the next set of columns and that will be the last ones.

Some of the delay maybe caused by the first bay that will have the original roof reinstall after repairs to the steel structure. They have pour the floor slab west of the headhouse for the UPX track along fixing the York bridge slab.

Crappy shot of footing
Nov 28
10995568706_b0a9f84c84_b.jpg

Dec 5
11232361835_62137a08ec_b.jpg

11232378286_02d41d2e2f_b.jpg

11232459103_81a54bcbce_b.jpg

Yes, for all railways in Canada distances are still in miles, and so are speed limits.

Interesting fact. Why were they not forced to make the switch to metric decades ago like everyone else?

Back