News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think the sale of spray paint should be regulated as well as prohibited to minors. What uses do most people need it for anyway? Though I'm sure the brain-dead degenerates will find some other way to tag property, it may help with the ease in which they do it.

I'm also bitter because someone tagged the buildings at the end of my street (which had just been cleaned from a previous tagging). I swear if I ever catch them, they'll be coughing up spray paint for the rest of the night.

I think the sale of spray paint should be regulated as well as prohibited to minors. What uses do most people need it for anyway? Though I'm sure the brain-dead degenerates will find some other way to tag property, it may help with the ease in which they do it.

I began to type out a suggestion such as this but backed off and deleted it. I was going to suggest basically prohibiting the sale of spray paint in Canada to certain major retail outlets and sold from behind a counter, increase fines drastically, offer $$$ rewards for reporting taggers, make a big media splash out of the whole thing and hopefully we'd see a decrease in tagging. It's a little too Nanny-State but there has to be some solution. Tagging is really getting bad and is increasingly becoming a problem by the year.

This popped up just a few weeks ago on the Millwood bridge over the DVP- how on earth did this guy pull it off?

bridge.jpg

It amazes me that these people aren't getting killed when you see the stupid risks they take.

In the instance above I wonder if the guy was caught? This would have taken some time to accomplish (he must have repelled down from the bridge) and he must have been seen by many motorists.

The big problem is the lack of response from police who seem to treat this as a minor nuisance that doesn't merit their attention. "Tagging" is vandalism. It is no different then breaking a window (probably more expensive to deal with in some cases). If these people were breaking windows instead I am sure the response to the problem would be much different from the police.

It amazes me that these people aren't getting killed when you see the stupid risks they take.

In the instance above I wonder if the guy was caught? This would have taken some time to accomplish (he must have repelled down from the bridge) and he must have been seen by many motorists.

The big problem is the lack of response from police who seem to treat this as a minor nuisance that doesn't merit their attention. "Tagging" is vandalism. It is no different then breaking a window (probably more expensive to deal with in some cases). If these people were breaking windows instead I am sure the response to the problem would be much different from the police.

Yeah, graffiti seems like such a minor issue, except removing the vandalism drains residents of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

I noticed that last week, and also couldn't believe how on Earth it was pulled off. Apart from the graffiti though, that bridge is looking pretty sad, and could really use a decent resurfacing. Considering it's the most prominent bridge, apart from the Prince Edward Viaduct, spanning the DVP, it's a pretty embarrassing way of saying "welcome to downtown".

Actually, the bridge proper (the deck et al) was renewed just a few years ago--the part that's "looking pretty sad" is the piers, with all their concrete patchwork & such...

By next June Mayor Bobby will have this situation under control, and all cleaned up. No worries...

I just hope the police have the sense to know what is legal art and whats vandalism, last time they went on a rampage, I was almost arrested for painting legally. The officer refused to believe that I was allowed to paint where I was.... yeah I always erect scaffolding when I'm tagging(not that I tag).

haven't a clue as to how that person got up there, must have repelled down and I'm guessing it was at 4am so not many motorists at that time of day.

Identifiably catch a tagger tagging on video and record the place and time. Reward $10,000. Fine for tagging $20,000. Problem solved.

Identifiably catch a tagger tagging on video and record the place and time. Reward $10,000. Fine for tagging $20,000. Problem solved.

i don't know if that would be a good idea. i could see a scenario where two people work together, one guy tags, the other reports it, all to make the reward money. there are people who wouldn't care about racking up fines in the hundreds of thousands if it meant having tens of thousands of dollars of real cash in hand.

Well if the limit per incident was a $10,000 reward it wouldn't be too profitable to have a fine of $20,000. If course you would need to tie it to 50% of what the court collects.

Well if the limit per incident was a $10,000 reward it wouldn't be too profitable to have a fine of $20,000. If course you would need to tie it to 50% of what the court collects.

i think a better solution would be public service such as graffiti removal, garbage cleanup, waterproofing of concrete structures, poster removal, etc.

Actually, the bridge proper (the deck et al) was renewed just a few years ago--the part that's "looking pretty sad" is the piers, with all their concrete patchwork & such...

Ah yes, I do recall that revitalization job a few years back. I'm just surprised they didn't do much (anything?) to the piers, at least to help the aesthetics anyway.

i think a better solution would be public service such as graffiti removal, garbage cleanup, waterproofing of concrete structures, poster removal, etc.

I would agree but the police don't catch litterers and vandals. We need an incentive to catch people more than we need a fitting punishment.

Back