DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Currently in the proposals stage. 40s condo building fronting what will eventually be a public park. Architect is DPAI

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

s8jgVgZ.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Source: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...ebecca-street/

Before I moved north Hamilton City Council came up with a by law that nothing downtown can be taller than the escarpment. Which was really backwards in my opinion. Considering that LRT is going in again along King Street. Did they do away with the height restriction?

Before I moved north Hamilton City Council came up with a by law that nothing downtown can be taller than the escarpment. Which was really backwards in my opinion. Considering that LRT is going in again along King Street. Did they do away with the height restriction?
It’s very much still there but they recently allowed a building to go slightly taller by about 4 floors as an exception.

Boy, did that ever get squared off. And now it's ugly and bulky as sin. /sigh

All filled in. I don't imagine construction will begin for a while, though, as this still needs some approvals IIRC, and will need to go to sales. This part of downtown needs some change ASAP however.

DSC_0167_PC.jpg

DSC_0175_PC.jpg

All filled in. I don't imagine construction will begin for a while, though, as this still needs some approvals IIRC, and will need to go to sales. This part of downtown needs some change ASAP however.

View attachment 383295
View attachment 383296

I was down visiting friends for Art Walk and went past the site (no activity). Out of curiosity I searched the address and the only thing I could find was a 2018 rezoning approval from Hamilton city council (30-storeys).

The few dozen homeless, displaced and/or folks with drug-addiction/mental issues I saw the last time I was in the Hammer, are still inhabiting the (destroyed) new park just across the street from the site (darkly-ironic, but the former home of a community health centre).

Wonder where the city will FedEx them all. Sad.

Back