updated rendering. This will also apparently be called "The Rebecca Condos".

The-Building.webp
I'm assuming it's still crickets on this one.

I will say that I actually like the broken-up massing at the base. Good change from the previous design. Even if this turns out somewhat cheap (it doesn't appear it will be that bad) I can get a good sense from the rendering that this will really change how the park gets used- that is, less encampments/homeless and more actual residents. While that can lead to a whole other discussion, I think this is a better foot forward for this area as things like the design district come online. We just need a little retail somewhere in the vicinity- does anyone know if nearby projects have any planned? The inclusion of substantial retail in the site plan inspires confidence!

This is the same developer as KiWi condos, so I think they were just finishing up that building before moving onto this one. Ads have started picking up, and it looks like they will use the commercial unit at KiWi for sales of this building.

Is there an updated rendering?

This is the most up to date rendering. Also seen on the exterior of the KiWi building.

This is the same developer as KiWi condos, so I think they were just finishing up that building before moving onto this one. Ads have started picking up, and it looks like they will use the commercial unit at KiWi for sales of this building.

This is the most up to date rendering. Also seen on the exterior of the KiWi building.
Oh no. Not KiWi redux 😆

I walk by KiWi a few times a week, if you actually stop and take a close look around the finishes on the outside you will notice how poor of a job they've done. I'll try to take some pictures next time I'm there.

I apologize. I think somehow I confused KiWi with the Platinum condo development on Queen St 🤦‍♂️
The podium of Platinum is pretty bad looking in my humble opinion.

and thanks for the UT welcome 🍻

I apologize. I think somehow I confused KiWi with the Platinum condo development on Queen St 🤦‍♂️
The podium of Platinum is pretty bad looking in my humble opinion.

and thanks for the UT welcome 🍻
Platinum is hideous at ground floor and unfinished.

I don't expect Rebecca condos to look like that at all. KiWi isn't perfect, but it's *good enough* in 2023.

Back