I saw an ad on Instagram saying construction is going to start this Fall 2023. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Edit: Apparently the showroom is now open, and includes a scale model.

zArF7V7.png
That’s pretty imposing, but I think it’ll work out nicely. I’m always a fan of a little imposition/non “human scale” to add some grandiosity to a space. Really flies in the face of Vancouverist condos that try to pretend they aren’t there sometimes.

Interesting, I walk by their sales centre at the KiWi Condos a few times a week. Although it seems to be an actual sales centre with material inside I have never seen it open or anyone inside. But nonetheless this is good.

I still see they are actively advertising via Instagram, but looks like many others, waiting for a turn in market activity. The bold ones (and well financed) will push through and be in the right spot when it heats up

Attended Cameron's development Town Hall tonight and there was some really cool discussions. I'm very excited for.the Development map for keeping track of these items (I wonder if they'd link to the UrbanToronto forum).

That being said, he did drop a hint that this project might be moving forward soon as he said they are discussing construction management plan with the developer. Ways off, but a construction management plan is one of the first steps to actually getting started as he explained to the crowd.

I don't see why they would bother starting with a construction management plan if they were planning on holding off. Plus after seeing how they moved forward on KiWi I think it makes sense.

Fingers crossed. This is the development I’ve been anticipating the most. That area really needs the development. Summer start maybe?

Fingers crossed. This is the development I’ve been anticipating the most. That area really needs the development. Summer start maybe?
Construction management plans usually get discussed like a year or more in advance, and usually not discussed with the public. It could start soon, but could be next year. Anyone's guess. A better piece of information would be the sales figures. If anyone knows a realtor and doesn't feel bad about pestering them, they can find out for ya.

From the way Cameron talked about it, the discussion about construction management plan hasn't actually started or concluded yet so, a ways off certainly.

Back