News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Is anyone aware when the redesigned redesign report or documents will be made public or reported to council? If I recall they had discussed a 12 month turnaround, so perhaps this fall, but I wasn't able to find anything written in any of the media reports.

I may take the time to review the minutes of the meeting where there was a discussion of an accelerated timeline.

Edit: Was able to find it in the Feb 20, 2024 Public Works Committee. Item 2:

That staff be directed to undertake an accelerated project delivery approach as outlined in Report PW23074(a)/PED23248(a), funding for the implementation be referred for inclusion in the 2025 capital budget at a value of $26,492,000 with a target timeline to complete detailed design by Q3 2025/Q4 2025, commence construction Q4 2025, and target a project completion date of Q4 2027/Q1 2028;

Last edited:
Not sure.

The City has posted the tender for the reconstruction of Wilson St from Victoria to Sherman, as well as Sherman from Wilson to Burlington St however.

The street will see a reduction from 4 eastbound lanes to two lanes, one in each direction and a small handful of left-turn lanes at major intersections. It also includes a significant amount of curb extensions, street trees, etc.

Will likely be extremely transformatative.

Sherman will recieve a similar modification, including two lanes, one in each direction, and street trees in a grassed median between Wilson and Cannon. North of Barton it will remain in it's current configuration however, just resurfaced.

example:

wilson.png

The street trees on Sherman:

sherman.png

And a reconfigured intersection with Cannon:

Cannon.png

Last edited:
Not sure.

The City has posted the tender for the reconstruction of Wilson St from Victoria to Sherman, as well as Sherman from Wilson to Burlington St however.

The street will see a reduction from 4 eastbound lanes to two lanes, one in each direction and a small handful of left-turn lanes at major intersections. It also includes a significant amount of curb extensions, street trees, etc.

Will likely be extremely transformatative.

Sherman will recieve a similar modification, including two lanes, one in each direction, and street trees in a grassed median between Wilson and Cannon. North of Barton it will remain in it's current configuration however, just resurfaced.
Is this also on that earlier mentioned tender website for download?

Loving most of it, couple of spots I'm not in love with, but overall much better.

The Cannon/Sherman intersection still kind of sucks though for both pedestrians and cyclists. I feel like they could have brainstormed some better ideas.

A bit unfortunate there is no redesign of the portion north of Barton considering the burgeoning little area there with Playhouse and Cotton Factory etc.

Last edited:

Back