News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Toronto lost a lot as well but at least some it was replaced by the TD Centre, Commerce Court and so on.

So true. Even though we bemoan the loss of the old city in Toronto, we ended up with Berczy Park, the St. Lawrence Centre, O'Keefe Centre plus all the new residential buildings. Hamilton seems to have been cursed by bad politicians, bad planning and an apathetic citizenry, a perfect storm that resulted in the blitzkerig of their downtown.

Wasn't sure where to put this...

Saturday Night Live used Copps Colisum in one of their skits. Here's a screenshot of it:

snlcoppscoliseum.jpg

Wasn't sure where to put this...

Saturday Night Live used Copps Colisum in one of their skits. Here's a screenshot of it:

snlcoppscoliseum.jpg

AAAAHAHAHAHA! I was watching but I must have missed that part?
It was hilarious ("nothing says Relief like a finger full of vag cream")... can't believe I missed Copps!

Thanks for pointing this out, Khristopher!

true indeed, but a little birdie told me everything is FINALLY falling into place to make this happen.

Again... I'll believe it when I'm sitting in it's lobby enjoying a nice, stiff 'FINALLY' drink! Maybe with Vranic himself (not likely...)

Last edited:
To the Beach!

Hamilton's Beach Strip

Beach Blvd, looking North towards the Burlington Canal Lift bridge, and further towards Burlington.

THEN

Hamilton12.jpg

NOW

hamilton12NOW.jpg

The High Level Bridge shot a couple posts above isn't mine. I'll have some more stuff for this thread sometime when I have a few minutes to look for the pics.

Does anyone have any books from the Vanished Hamilton series? There are tons of of photos of great long lost buildings in them.

The High Level Bridge shot a couple posts above isn't mine. I'll have some more stuff for this thread sometime when I have a few minutes to look for the pics.

Does anyone have any books from the Vanished Hamilton series? There are tons of of photos of great long lost buildings in them.

I have all 3 issues, Flar... but have no clue where to access them online (if that's even possible? Google Books?)

If you want I can get really good pricing from the Mac bookstore with perhaps an autograph and mail it up to Ottawa.

I have all 3 issues, Flar... but have no clue where to access them online (if that's even possible? Google Books?)

I have The Prints of Hamilton and The Prints of Time, which have great photos of mostly lost buildings and streetscapes. There were others in that series - one on Dundurn Castle, and I spotted new editions covering Burlington and Oakville.

'public domain' photos in books

If you have a digital camera, try photographing the book pages.
The results can often be surprisingly good.

Back