News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

T

TOunlimited

I agree that Bloor/ Yonge intersection needs makeover.
I hope we see some development on south-east corner pretty soon. After all, this is the heart of the city, and that Harvey's gotta go. Loooong overdue.

And technically, Harvey's isn't at the corner. That optical joint is.

Contrarian that I am, that's probably my *favourite* corner at Yonge-Bloor--though perhaps more for the Roys Square element behind it all...

the downtown harvey's stock is really being depleted. first we lost the one at yonge/carlton, then one bedford, and sooner or later 1be is going to be gone. all that's really left is jarvis/gerrard now

"the downtown harvey's stock is really being depleted. first we lost the one at yonge/carlton, then one bedford, and sooner or later 1be is going to be gone. all that's really left is jarvis/gerrard now"

There's the one on Front in Market Square.

There was a Harvey's on Dundas at Yonge, that was demolished for Metropolis. The one in Union Station will be gone as well with the Union Pearson makeover. The only other one around is in the Eaton Centre south court, but it's the Eaton Centre south court.

spmarshall - there's a Harvey's on the PATH in the Commerce Court food court.

Going to have to check out Hooker Harvey's and see if it still lives up to its name.

Retail: Wither Harvey's

Two quick tidbits...

*The Harvey's in Market Square (by St. Lawrence Market) has closed. I'd imagine an expensive restaurant will take its place.

*Dollarama will be going into the former supermaket (Valu-Mart was it?) on Sherbourne St, just north of Queen St E. The space has been vacant for about four years.

I weep for my lost neighbourhood Harveys. Though I should be model thin in no time as a result of its demise.

*The Harvey's in Market Square (by St. Lawrence Market) has closed. I'd imagine an expensive restaurant will take its place.

Nooooooooo!!!

That has been a loss of quite a few Harvey's around here, including the Carlton Street location, the one wiped out by 5 years of nothing for Metropolis, and the soon-to-go location for 1 Bedford. That leaves Union Station (which will likely go as well if Union Station is ever renovated), Hooker Harvey's and Yonge-Bloor. Oh, and the Eaton Centre stall.

Yonge & Bloor would go too if 1BE is ever resurrected.

The sign on the Market Square location urges Harvey's patrons to visit the Union Station location instead.

Nah, too far. In the time it takes to walk there, I would remind myself that junk food is bad. I could be in and out of the Market Square location before rational thought could take hold.

Nooooooooooooooooooo times 100. My fave fast food joint and only a minute from my home. Some of you have your names on the wall of the new opera house. I have my name here.

Is Harvey's in trouble? It's great fast food and it's becoming more scarce downtown.

Back