News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Something very sinister is happening in Harvey's land. Went to their College & Lansdowne location today only to find it closed (along with the 7-11 next door) with ads for an inventory auction tomorrow. What's happening?!?

There were 2 Harvey's closed in Mississauga within the last year now that you mention that ...

The County Court and Hurontario Harvey's closed in Brampton two months ago - a bit of a shock (I don't go to Brampton much anymore, but I remember that one being busy enough).

A sinking ship. Don't invest in Cara - from what I'm told, Swiss is the only high point in (what's left of) the company.

We should make a list of closed Harvey's locations within the past year, sad to say but a deathwatch?

What two locations in Sauga closed? The one in Cooksville has been closed for a while, the one at Lakeshore and Cawthra even longer.

- Carlton St near Yonge
- Jane at Falstaff (one of the original locations)
- Front St E
- Bloor St at Bedford
- College and Lansdowne

Need reports from:
- St. Clair W of Vaughan Rd (I don't venture that way, St. Clair is dead to me)
- Hooker Harvey's

- At last check, Bloor/Yonge and Union Station still open.

Suburban
- Hurontario and County Court, Brampton
- Hurontario and King, Mississauga

Please advise. Mission UT!

Ghosts of old Harvey's haunt for a long time. The Coffee Time at St. Clair and Caledonia, or Weston Rd south of Lawrence, for example.

Another one for the deathwatch: Burger King (though I don't give much of a damn with them)

Strange, with this--I was kind of hoping Harvey's would cash in on whatever homegrown Carl's Jr.-equivalent cachet...

Former Harvey's location on Front East will become a TD bank.

Former Harvey's location on Front East will become a TD bank.
Pretty crazy as TD is already building a branch at Queen & Parliament (the construction site next door to Shopper's Drug Mart).

According to a press release, the store, to be located at 165 John St., "will be wrapped in translucent pink cladding, creating a beacon-like glow," while the interior will be "sleek, minimal and white."
Cool, I think that's the old Young Thailand location, just north of Queen St.

The Harvey's at Tuxedo Court in Scarborough has just closed. They're dropping like flies! Why hasn't there been a newspaper article or something?

Tuxedo Court, huh? I wonder if Harvey's is being pigeonholed as too "white hoser" for the 416...

My spies tell me that they are restructuring their operation and buying back franchises with a view to having only corporate owned locations. So there is a contraction, with a view to a future expansion.

I just had a Harvey's Burger the other day and I must say it was darn good. It had more of a charcoal grilled taste to it than other fastfood chains. Maybe Harvey's could revamp its image a little for the downtown locations.

The one in Owen Sound closed fairly recently as well if anyone actually cares.

Downtown locations? Not much in the way of those anymore. Dare I say it, but I think there's more Hero Burgers downtown than Harvey's.

The last time I went to Harvey's downtown was at Bloor and Yonge. The place was disgusting, there was spilled soda on the floor that was'nt mopped, tables not cleaned and a stinky street person hanging around inside picking through food left behind. Staff were oblivious or did'nt really care. I promptly left and never gone back. The one on Jarvis or Church at Gerrard was just as bad. I saw a drug deal happening while woofing down my burger. The burgers were not that bad for the price compared to BK or McD. I miss the one on Broadview at Pottery Rd, they had the nicest patio out back, very private and a great view of the valley.
The one at Don Mills at Eglinton is nice. I think its a corporate store based on the cleanliness and decent service.

Back