News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

A

Archivistower

Sort of a weird thing to ask, but I came down sick within one hour on Monday this week, and have been sicker than I recall being for decades. I'm better today, but holy crap what a virus! Be careful out there if you haven't had it yet.

Yeah, my ex has/had it. She's been really cut down by it, off and on, for the past couple of weeks. Probably that f@%ing chain-smoking Russian loser she's dating gave it to her, grrrrr.....

i had something that took me out of commission last friday, but i'm not sure if it was flu. i think it was more likely just a severe cold

I had a 24 hour bug last Sunday. Hit suddenly, got some shaking, a bit of a high fever... all better the next day.

Had it. I haven't been really sick with a flu for the past 4 years and last month, I started by getting the sniffles... then sneezing.... then before I knew it it was fever, laryngitis, body aches and so on.... It lasted a couple of days.. then it would come back in full force. It took me over two weeks to get completely over it. What a stubborn bug! Die virus diiiie! :evil

Get the flu shot, dudes! I've been getting it for the last couple of years and I don't get sick anymore! And fiendish... time to move on! Why are you interested in someone who (according to you) has such poor taste?

Hate to say it, it sounds as if some of you probably had different things.

Echo ganja, get the flu shot.

It's free. What more can you ask for?

almost everyone i know that got the flu shot this year got really sick, really bad. the virus spread from one person to the next & the effect it had on me was a sore throat which i managed to kill with zinc. people around me we sick for for a week or more and i just got a sore throat for a day and a half.

i question the validity of flu shots. the flu virus mutates fast so the shot might not protect you from this years super bug.

Descriptive... read at own risk.

I had the Norwalk virus a couple of years ago which is 24-48 hrs. At first I felt a little bloated and then all of a sudden it was the worst pukefest I have ever experienced. I had nothing left in my system and was still gagging. I thought I was going to bring up organs.

I have had nothing this year really other than the sniffles for the first few minutes stepping in out of the cold or a mild throat roughness.

There is a bug going around right now. As to prevention - above all else, wash your hands often and don't rub your nose, eyes, or food before doing so.

AoD

And fiendish... time to move on!
I am so f@$ked up over this girl. I can't help it. Ugh. I wish there was a shot for that too.

There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love.

i question the validity of flu shots.

And your evidence is ...?

Not all influenza viruses mutate quickly. The flu shot may not provide complete protection in all cases, but it can certainly reduce the severity of the illness.

Hand washing (as Alvin pointed out) is the first line of defense, and a good one.

Had it 2 weeks ago. It was awful...came on quick and hard. Felt like death for 24 hours and slowly started to leave me. Only this week am I feeling better though I still have a nagging hack. Energy level was minimal at all times...I would walk and be exusted.

Get well soon.

I am so f@$ked up over this girl. I can't help it. Ugh. I wish there was a shot for that too.

High dose intramuscular morphine every 6h might work.

Back