News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I am surprised no one posted anything on the inquiry - considering how damning the report is.

Link to inquiry website/report: http://www.mississaugainquiry.ca/

Sorry, but watching Hazel insisting she did nothing wrong when a) she clearly know her son stands to benefit from the deal and b) the ex-City Manager actually served as the family trustee is just ridiculous - and that's coming from someone who had been nailed for conflict of interest charges before in the 80s.

AoD

Last edited:
This is already her last term so by the time they'd be finished trying to get her kicked out for this, she'll be retired. I bet thin just blows over and she just retires in a few years.

Her biggest critic on council, Carolyn Parrish, was voted out last year. No one is going to kick her out.

Rob Ford would make a suitable replacement for Hazel. That job would be much easier for Rob, no complex big-city issues to wrestle with, just managing traffic, widening highways, and such. And 'Sauga may be a better "cultural fit" for him.

What is impolite to suggest, but I think must be said, is that at the end of the day for all the talk about rule of law, fair game, tough on crime, etc., that the electorate is a bunch of hypocrites.

AoD

"...well at least she kept taxes low."

It is indeed quite appalling that for the sake of saving money, the electorate (not just Mississaugans, but on a national level too) are willing to look the other way. Have Canadians become that cynical as to what to expect from politicians?

Rob Ford would make a suitable replacement for Hazel. That job would be much easier for Rob, no complex big-city issues to wrestle with, just managing traffic, widening highways, and such. And 'Sauga may be a better "cultural fit" for him.

The City of Mississauga does not own any highways...

Back