News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In case anybody's interested, I took a few photos around the neighbourhood today. The "Village by High Park" building will be on the right hand side just before the tracks in the first photo (where the Canadian Tire is/was):

DSC01664.jpg

Vesuvio, best pizza in Toronto:

DSC01668.jpg

Great Thai/Asian food:

DSC01669.jpg

Steak and Indian:

DSC01671.jpg

Art Galleries:

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

Two new organic markets opening soon:

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

Well, it's definitely "by" High Park...avenue:

DSC01670.jpg

I still think buying in this area is a good investment, but more importantly, this is a place where I'd like to live.

Those were some timely photos. Too bad you didn't get a photo of the restored facade at Dundas and Pacific or the Academy of Realist Art across the street. I'll take some on the next sunny day.

Ha that's funny I just got back from my walk from the Queensway and Roncevalles up to Dundas West and Pacific--and peered in that sweet potato place etc. I was the only pedestrian North of Dundas West subway stn to Keele Street! I did an "abandoned/boring" store front count--over 1000 entrepreneurs are needed to fully realize Dundas's potential from Roncevalles to Jane St. Know anyone interested?

In some ways, the fact it's out of the way and undiscovered helped save the juntion from being smashed up by those jerks--aka developers--during the 80's etc. It's kinda like Hamilton--slowly the strip will revitalize but it's gonna take lotsa bold shopkeepers with vision, investors and local residents to shop on Dundas instead of St Clair big box crap.

Btw, "Village at High Park" is totally wrong name for this development; more appropriate would be "village by the Junction RR track." Heck, it's closer to St Clair than Bloor St here.

nice pics.

the area has a rich history and a lot of character. plus how many places have a buddhist temple just down the street! i was taking pics this summer and noticed that there was a buddhist temple up heintzman which i think is going to be one of the main entrances to the complex (you can see the boards way at the back)

fgdgch3.jpg

Heintzman is a nice looking street

fhfhvw2.jpg

^and immediately to the right of this temple is a mechanic shop or something..i mean cmon, talk about unique character!

fhghfyt0.jpg

anyhow im looking forward to the area. some are saying "its gonna be the next queen west blah blah blah" and that is good or bad depending how u look at it, but who cares. it's just good knowing that you can walk down dundas and eat something from practically every continent. the junction arts festival is right there too and was really well done...one of my fav toronto festivals this years and i checked out a lot. the place has a good vibe. that is all.

Great pictures, Sungs. I missed the arts festival this year, but I look forward to checking that out next year.

Jitterbug, that's a great discussion you posted, with some cool pictures.

In my continued Junction research, I've found a couple of articles that talk about real estate in the area:

http://www.torontolife.com/guide/real-estate/west/junction-area/

This building is noted: "a revamp of the former Canadian Tire at Dundas and Keele, due to be completed in spring 2009—will increase density and up values further."

and

http://www.torontolife.com/features/next-hot-neighbourhood/?pageno=2

"The Next Hot Neighbourhood"

and

http://www.torontolife.com/guide/real-estate/west/

Real estate prices for 2006. One of the priciest areas in the West end, you guessed it...the Junction.

Suprisingly, based on those statistics, housing in the Junction is already slightly more expensive than Roncensvalles. Obviously the retail strip has a way to go, particularly east of Keele.

I think the Options development will add some life. Also, based on the sales success of the Options project, something will certainly happen on that empty lot by the old Mcbride site. There will likely be an extra 1000 middle class people living on that corner in the not too distant future. This is not insignificant.

Whatever will be will be, but if I had to purchase again I would try getting a bigger unit. Take that Invester! ;)

Has anyone been to the meeting on January 9??? I am a purchaser and I missed the meeting but I would love to know what the status is!
Thanks in advance,
Katy

Has anyone been to the meeting on January 9??? I am a purchaser and I missed the meeting but I would love to know what the status is!
Thanks in advance,
Katy

The meeting was fairly informative, and very well attended. So far, between 490-500 suites have been sold. 470 was the magic number needed to begin construction.

The buildings will be 24 stories and 16? (I think for phase 1).

There is a possibility that phase 2 construction will begin before phase 1, because it may be easier for construction and because most of the parking is under phase 2, so some people in phase 1 wouldn't have parking for a while if it was built first.

Tentatively, assuming all permit and legal issues are resolved soon, demolition/construction will begin on either Feb 25th or Mar 1.

Also, if you bought a unit in phase 2 below floor 17, your suite number will change so that phase 2 numbers begin where phase 1 numbers end so that people in the two buildings don't get each others' mail.

Otherwise, things are looking pretty good. Next meeting is feb 20th.

Thanks for the updates, rh-7. I'm taking my mom to the Jan. 26 sales presentation in the hopes of getting her a unit. Anyone know whether there's a chance of decent units still being available?

Thanks for the updates, rh-7. I'm taking my mom to the Jan. 26 sales presentation in the hopes of getting her a unit. Anyone know whether there's a chance of decent units still being available?

I bought my unit in mid-december, and at that time there were not a whole lot of "good" units left. It depends what you're looking for though. Good to you might be different than good for me. If I'm not mistaken, there are more 2 bedroom units left than one bedroom units, and there are some one bedrooms available on the North side of the building. I believe the south side is all sold out. They are only having info sessions once a month now and have stopped advertising the building due to the amount of demand. It is expected to be fully sold out in the next couple of months. Go to the info session though. Some units become available from time to time for various reasons.

Thanky you, Rh-7 for the update.
I can't wait for construction to begin! I bought back in February, so I'd really like to see this party getting started (although I was expecting delays of course, it would be unrealistic not to have them).
Cheers, Katy

Back