News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I agree with Darkstar here. The Ex needs to move back to exhibiting something more specific - not being a commercial free-for-all without focus.
Move back by showcasing one thing, but move forward by showcasing modern city-building technologies.
The Ex used to be about Farming technology. We are definitly not a farming community anymore. The Ex should now focus on things that make an urban city. Showcases could focus on urban design, architecture, "green" technologies, urban transit etc etc. Bring in TEDCO, WaterfronToronto, TTC, arch firms etc.
I think the EX has come to focus too much on those cheap and cheesy midway games.
FOOD: Toronto is now going to have more than hot dogs and sausages offered from our street vendors. Maybe this year would be a good time to showcase the different kinds of foods we will see in the years to come.
The EX should partner up with The University of Waterloo and Ryerson (and other Urban planning schools) to have students create a "Toronto of the Future". Diagrams, models etc can show different plans for where the city should go development wise. Visitors could create their view of the city via some kind of sim-city virtual programs.

Anyone notice that in this year's Ex ads, the letter E in "Ex" rips off the Electrohome logo?

I know I'm a bit late in getting into this thread but I'll still reply to the questionnaire.

1. Toronto County Fair

2. Lego fans can help build record-setting tower at CNE

Apparently this thing might reach 9 storeys in height.

3. I really have only one suggestion for improvement... Run the CNE as if it were the World's Fair (Expo), incorporating many of the suggestions made in above replies. Since Toronto wants to get an Expo sometime in the future, the CNE would make a great opportunity for Toronto to practice until it really gets one.

Not only should the CNE display the newest in Canadian and world technology, arts and culture, but the CNE should promote Toronto's diversity. How about getting each of Toronto's major ethnic communities to design and build a pavilion for the CNE, just like the international pavilions at Expo?

I hope this isn't one of those scenarios where mob violence will be necessary to obtain what was promised.

we're running out of CNE time.....

I hope this isn't one of those scenarios where mob violence will be necessary to obtain what was promised.

Shall I get the torches and pitchforks? ;)

are they still doing the $5 entry Mondays to Thursdays? I remember seeing it on a sign somewhere but I can't seem to find a mention on it anywhere on the Ex's website.

$5 after 5

Hey 299:

The $5 after 5:00pm runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They are calling for clear sunny skies this week and for the airshow this weekend!

The Lego Tower beside the food building kicks ass!

Let's Go to the EX!

Louroz

Hey 299:

The $5 after 5:00pm runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They are calling for clear sunny skies this week and for the airshow this weekend!

The Lego Tower beside the food building kicks ass!

Let's Go to the EX!

Louroz

I don't know, I thought it would be free and all.

Back