News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^ Well, all right, 42, but still, I'd rather see this little row of beauties left alone.

A totally unnecessary addition! These houses can stand alone as destination and important retail precincts similar to the houses along Cumberland St. in Yorkville. Like another member stated, why not look at an empty lot for infill. It's just poor planning and insensitive to both local history and preservation principles,E.R.A should
be ashamed of themselves as heritage consultants. The City, developer and architect should be too. Toronto is becoming way too desensitized to mutilating perfectly beautiful and structurally sound historical/heritage buildings.

Hear Hear!

The other option for keeping these buildings as they are, is for those who don't want to see any change to buy them from the current owners.

Not that that should stop others from wishing that they be left alone: I'm just trying to point out to those who call for all involved to hang their heads in shame that there is much more at work here than mere sentiments.

totally agree and understand the whole economic and planning side of things but, ok, the City and OHA should really amend heritage designation and limit alterations like this. don’t get me wrong, I’m all for change and intensification but mere sentiments can still be a viable option. and, yes, I take back the shame comment toward the consultants and developer but not the City

tower size/shape is okay. Think the base should match the townhouses ie. better integrated. Looks like the tower has jumped on top of them.

Back