News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think if we are resigning to the fact that the 427 is happening then we have to look at the next major traffic corridor, and that would be hwy 9. I know there will be many comments from this board about hwy expansion and the sprawl that it causes, but if it's going to happen let's not cut it short, you know what I mean.

Personally I think it's needed but that it shouldn't turn back east towards Barrie. I think the 427 should aim for the Collingwood/Blue Mountain area.

I would have to agree. I think if the province doesn't want sprawl then the answer is simple: Don't build on/off ramps at each concession road. This is what leads to sprawl. Built the 427 extension as an expressway to Collingwood/Blue Mountain. By just having access from major highways such as 407, Hwy 9 and Hwy 89, the extension could be very beneficial to the tourist industry in Collingwood/Blue Mountain since it would dramatically cut down the commute to the recreation area.

For those familiar with the hwy 7 and 50 area, has anyone seen the disaster on McVean drive and highway 7? When in God's name is the city of Brampton going to take care of that intersection for once and for all? I live in Caledon, right at the border of Brampton and Caledon and I'm baffled as to why all the people living on McVean aren't complaining to the city. I've sent a complaint online, but received no response within the 48 hours. It's been 480 days :mad:

why is the picture in the first post of this thread of a guy in what appears to be a church?

I had to Google Highway 9 because I'd never heard of it before. Highway 9 is waaaaay up there. Shouldn't the 410 be extended first before the 427 goes that far north?

For those familiar with the hwy 7 and 50 area, has anyone seen the disaster on McVean drive and highway 7? When in God's name is the city of Brampton going to take care of that intersection for once and for all? I live in Caledon, right at the border of Brampton and Caledon and I'm baffled as to why all the people living on McVean aren't complaining to the city. I've sent a complaint online, but received no response within the 48 hours. It's been 480 days :mad:

Is it a city problem or a regional (peel) problem? I think McVean is a city road and 7 is a regional road...so it may be delayed in some jurisdictional spat over who should solve it and who should pay for it.

I don't know...I am just suggesting it may not be as easy as Mayor Susan putting on a hard hat and an orange shirt and fixing it herself.....she may need some co-operation at the regional level from Mayor Hazel.

for some in Toronto, going up to Vaughan Mills/Wonderland is like going to the North pole. :D

Last Tuesday,my friend who lives around Bloor and Keele, was telling me of his "EPIC" journey getting to Vaughan Mills...

He says it was like going "so far north", I thought there was nothing up there.All I saw were "white people"...

I started laughing and then I realized that Vaughan Mills is about as far North as my house in Brampton... :D:D

I find funny how people can live in area for 20 years and know nothing about it. Like that guy I knew from Scarborough who was shocked to hear they have a Zoo.

Then I have another friend saying he was shocked he has not seen anyone get shot downtown yet.

Such ignorance is funny and sad. Really I know some, the furthest North they ever been is Vaughan Mills and others never been to downtown Toronto...Like hello you have been here for over two decades, and have a car. Drive around !!!

Of course, the transit system has hundreds of routes other then the one that leads to your work or school.

Went on a Streetcar across King and saw some great parts of Toronto, I have never seen.

Went on the Subway to Greek town (Danforth), that was fun.

He says it was like going "so far north", I thought there was nothing up there.All I saw were "white people"...
ROTL - it might indeed be a bit suprising for someone who never leaves Toronto just how white most of Ontario is!

Like that guy I knew from Scarborough who was shocked to hear they have a Zoo.
Given that it's not that long a ride at all from the bus along Kingston Road, directly to the zoo ... that does seem rather surprising! I'd have thought the signs for "Toronto Zoo" in Kennedy station might have been a bit of a giveaway!

Then I have another friend saying he was shocked he has not seen anyone get shot downtown yet.
Well, if he's from Scarborough, perhaps he's just used to it .. and the relative safety of downtown seems unusual :) (I'm told that the use of :) will indicate to the humour-impaired I'm joking)

Last edited:
the one about the shooting was perhaps just a silly comment, but the others are true.

Lol, "there so many white people"...

I can't get over that one, its Hilarious.

I remember when Vaughan Mills opened it was a big deal and even people from Mississauga were going there. I haven't heard of anyone going to Vaughan Mills recently. Though I'm sure it's still busy with people from the North.

Is it a city problem or a regional (peel) problem? I think McVean is a city road and 7 is a regional road...so it may be delayed in some jurisdictional spat over who should solve it and who should pay for it.

That could be a possibility. I just can't believe that they built so many homes (and planning to build much more on McVean) and didn't fix the roads to accommodate the significant higher level of traffic.

Going back to this thread....Here's hoping they extend the 427 to Mayfield. Oh and speaking of the 427, why in God's name are the lanes reduced from 3 to 2 lanes past Rexdale blvd? There's daily traffic congestion where the two lanes commence and then it starts flowing better when it goes back to 3.

Back