This one is being appealed. SDAB2021-0091, link to plans and documents can be found here:
No new renderings from what I can see in the package. Reasons for appeal are as follows:
1641596599036.png

Back yard view now. Still like the view? They have every right to file a complaint.

They have every inch as much right to file a complaint as people on the internet have to say they're being shortsighted, selfish NIMBYs.

Here's the across-alley view that 19+2 took away, by the way:
1641966446439.png

But the residents in the $800K houses on the other side of the alley should absolutely complain, after all, they are providing the civic amenity that is this architecture:
1641966531750.png

Which we can all agree is a high quality urban space, and not the "boring/boxy design" of "alley facing walls" that would ruin the community.

They have every inch as much right to file a complaint as people on the internet have to say they're being shortsighted, selfish NIMBYs.

Here's the across-alley view that 19+2 took away, by the way:
View attachment 374408
But the residents in the $800K houses on the other side of the alley should absolutely complain, after all, they are providing the civic amenity that is this architecture:
View attachment 374409

Which we can all agree is a high quality urban space, and not the "boring/boxy design" of "alley facing walls" that would ruin the community.
I love how Sambo liked this post as if you were being serious 😂

Whattttttt?? This was one of my favourite midrise proposals till date. What a disgrace. Day by day I lose hope in our planning commission and council. I hope this design is picked up and built somewhere else. Would fit great on an inner city main street or a commercial corner near an LRT station. A dozen of these sort of developments across the inner city would incredible to have.

Back