News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Venti de Milo

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where can I get a HIV test? Drop in clinic or HIV test clinic is preferred. I've check with family doctor before, but don't like it.

And what do I have to tell them? Do I need to tell them when was the last time I had sex? Too much info? Thanks

The Hassle Free Mens Clinic offers annonymous HIV testing, but you have to call them ahead of time to make an appointment, there's usually a two week wait for a test. They are also one of the few places in Ontario that offer the Rapid Test, so you don't have to wait the two weeks it takes with a traditional test for results.
They do ask general information about your sexual history, but these are routine questions to determine your level of risk.

http://www.hasslefreeclinic.org

Their office is at Church and Gerrard

I copied this quote from George Smitherman on a press release on that clinic's website:

“I’m a gay man, and I’m one of those that has experienced that gut wrenching three-week wait,†he said. “Everybody remembers that wait, and accordingly, you can’t put a price on it.â€

The three week wait he is mentioning is for an HIV test.

Can you imagine, even 10 years ago, any politician in the country just casually making that statement! Maybe a city councillor, maybe, but a government minister? It shows how far we've come. Now imagine a US politician saying that?

I remember my first three week wait. I knew I didn't have anything to worry about, but it still made me so anxious.

I don't mind the 2 week wait. It means that every year, 2 weeks after the annual physical and flu shot, I get to leave the office early to go hear the results, and then do some errands on the way home.

I had sex last month, and if I test neg now, do I still have to wait til Apr to test again to confirm?

If you had unprotected sex last month, then you should test in two months time. The clinic will tell you the same thing and tell you to come back in two months, since a test so soon wouldn't give accurate results.

this was a few years ago (maybe 5), but i walked right into the men's clinic on church, without a health card, and got an AIDS test within an hour, and they told me the results in about 20 minutes. for free. No fool'n.
You do have to wait 3 months, though. The anti-bodies aren't numerous enough until then or something along those lines.

a question,

is the test fully accurate?

for example, if a woman had sex with someone who has hiv/aids two days ago, if she got tested, it probably wouldn't show up right? what if you were to have sex with that woman, can you get hiv/aids from her?

what i'm trying to say if something can't be detected because the exposure was too recent, can they transmit something to you? how does this apply to other STD's?

is the test fully accurate?

The ELISA screening test for HIV is over 99% sensitive. Combine that with Western Blot testing and it's virtually 100%.

for example, if a woman had sex with someone who has hiv/aids two days ago, if she got tested, it probably wouldn't show up right?

Right.

what if you were to have sex with that woman, can you get hiv/aids from her?

Of course. She may not have developed the antibodies but she sure has the virus. In fact, people are particularly infectious early on (first weeks/months).

what i'm trying to say if something can't be detected because the exposure was too recent, can they transmit something to you?

Definitely.

how does this apply to other STD's?

All STDs are different. Some cannot be prevented by condom use either. HIV is a relatively easy one to avoid.

thanks for the answers ganja.

so i guess the safest bet would be to test once, wait a couple of months, test again, maybe another test further down the line before making flesh contact.

the only thing that could go wrong is if the person with you have engaged in relations, without your knowledge during this time had extra relations, screwing up the whole testing regiment. it's really important there be absolute truth in a relationship.

Back