News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I also find it extremely disappointing that HIV continues to spread the way it does. People have let their guard down, particularly within the gay community. AIDS is no longer feared as a deadly killer, it's now a chronic disease that you can live with.

Man, you still don't want to get that shit!

I don't care how manageable it is.

Indeed not. Roll on the rubber and go about your work with good cheer.
I've never agreed with the thinking that as long as you've got your condom, that you're safe. If you frequently undertake risky sexual behaviour, the numbers game (i.e. odds) will catch up with you eventually.

Call me boring (as you will), but the risker side of sex has never been my thing. Sodomy, swinging, one nighters, prostitutes, etc. may be for some, but not for this boring, yet safe, fellow. Not that I don't enjoy a bit of risk in my life, and am truly alive on my vintage Triumph motorcycle at high (legal) speed on a rural road racing around a corner, so there's definitely different risks for different folks.

All good sports have rules. Follow the rules properly and sporting can be so much fun for everyone.

A company that is revolutionizing the HIV test is Medmira. Takes literally 3 minutes for results.
http://www.medmira.com/products/mirawell.html

The HIV epidemic is a major public health concern with over 40 million HIV infected people worldwide. HIV is transmitted through contact with blood and other body fluids. This includes unprotected sex, maternal transmission, the receipt of infected blood or blood products and injection drug use. Considerable global efforts are currently underway to prevent and control the spread of HIV infection, and offer treatment to those who have been infected. HIV testing is fundamental to all of these strategies and efforts. The traditional testing approach involves sophisticated equipment, technical expertise and time. Rapid, less complex HIV testing could improve HIV prevention services and the delivery of medical care with substantial time and cost savings. Realizing this, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend the use of rapid or simpler HIV tests.

The MiraWell™ Rapid HIV Test detects HIV antibodies in human serum, plasma or whole blood specimens produced in response to HIV infection. The MiraWell™ Rapid HIV Test is based on MedMira’s proprietary flow through membrane technology and is comprised of a single-use test cartridge containing an immunoreactive test membrane. This membrane functions to capture HIV antibodies when a drop of specimen is applied. This test is manually performed and visually interpreted with the result available within 3 minutes. Like all MedMira rapid tests, precision pipetting, sample manipulation or specialized equipment is not required to perform the MiraWell™ Rapid HIV Test.

The MiraWell™ Rapid HIV Test is actively used today in clinical settings in China as a point-of-care test to aid in the diagnosis of HIV infection.

The MiraWell™ Rapid HIV Test is not available for sale in North America. Availability in other regions is subject to regulatory approval.

Why do I know about the company? My day job....

All good sports have rules. Follow the rules properly and sporting can be so much fun for everyone.

As long as you're aware the condoms won't protect you against herpes, genital warts, and other STDs. Also, condoms aren't 100% effective.

Rise in HIV infection is also generational - the demographic with some of the highest increases in seroconversion rates is also the one that has never directly lose their friends to HIV/AIDS. Beefy men for HIV meds not withstanding, this generation simply don't have any memory (if not understanding) of the "plague years".

AoD

Touch not the unclean thing. Don't have sex- that's what I do. Of course it's purely voluntary on my part :eek:

Fear over everything is becoming far too established in our culture. Anticipating danger at every turn sucks the fun out of life.

Back