News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I live about 50m from a bus stop which will take me 1km to the subway. In nine years of commuting by TTC not once have I taken the bus. I walk the 1km to the subway, rain, snow or shine, both in the morning and evening.

Howl, your a much better person than I! I used to have a commute that has about a 1 km walk on each end, or a bus if I got lucky. I'd probably get lucky about 1.5 times in 4 ... but still got over 2 km of walking every day.

Now I have a much shorter commute but it only has about a 150 m walk on each end ... and it's apparent my level of fitness has dropped, and I've put on a few pounds (not as bad as when I just walked 10 m to the car every day!)!

I know I should change my pattern and add a longer walk to my commute ... but it only ever happens when there's streetcar problems, and it becomes quicker to walk further.

I have approximately a 5 minute walk to a bus stop and then a 10 minute bus ride to Finch Station. If the Yonge St. subway line ever got extended passed Finch, I would be a very happy camper!

TTC Bus/Subway = 100 m
GO Bus stop = 250 m

I'm fortunate to live very close to public transit and not live in a highrise (in Lansing). :)

The 501 streetcar and 145 bus are right around the corner for me, about a minute walk. They are generally too slow to get downtown to work though, so I end up walking to Mimico GO. Its a 15 minute walk but gets me to work in...way less time. I still take the 501 to and from the bars on weekends though.

My transit options are:

501 Streetcar - 180 metres
12 Bus - 850 metres
Victoria Park Subway - 2.3 km

The 501 is my standard route downtown. If I need to get to the Bloor line I'll sometimes take the bus and sometimes walk the whole way. It usually depends on the weather and how often the buses are running.

Street car stop is outside my door, but on occasion I will walk to/from the subway at Union.

What baffles me is when people on the Harbourfront line waiting at the Queens Quay/Ferry Docks stop will stand there watching full streetcars pass by them. The TTC should have signage that tells people that Union is only 100 metres up the road.

Local stop served by YRT's 77 is about 6 mins walk from my place.
Promenade terminal is just 8-10mins walk; I take either the 77, 88 or 23 heading to Finch (which ever one comes first).

Closet surface Transit
<100m to 501 Queen
<100m to 504 king
700m to 47 Lansdowne
750m to 80 Queensway
1.4km to 29 Dufferin
1.6km to 506 college
Closet Bloor Danforth Subway
2.1km to Dundas West
Closet Y.U.S. Subway
4.9km to Osgood Station

I might not be the closet to subway stations but I love the surface coverage of my area and the Blue Night network kicks ass around here.

Last edited:
I live within a 5-10min walk to Glencairn station. The 109 Ranee bus stop is almost next to my house on the same side.

Back