8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

gentlepuppies

Member Bio
Reaction score
For me it's at least $50k if the corner is part of the main living space, but worthless if the bedroom occupies the corner.
For a clear view across the city vs looking straight into neighbours 50 feet away, I'd pay about 15-20% more.
For a sunny southern exposure instead of a north exposure, I'd pay about 10% more.

Curious about the value others here place on these things...?

I currently have a NE corner unit with lots of windows (living room, den, and bedroom) and I don't think I'd do it again (but it would certainly depend on the layout). I've found there's enough outside temperature influence that it drives me nuts. With heat or A/C on it's great, but once it reaches the set temperature and stops, it gets hot/cold much faster on the sofa/bed which are near the glass. The HVAC doesn't kick in for quite a bit. So I find that I either suck it up until the HVAC kicks in again, or set the the temperature higher/lower to compensate.

Then, because I have both balcony and terrace that covers most of the glass, it makes me responsible to wash them, and that's a lot of work!, especially for a short guy like me. :p

The view and sunlight is great and all, but a corner unit with that much window isn't that important to me as it was when I bought this unit. It'd have to be a pretty spectacular view. :)

But, I definitely would pay more for a clear view vs being blocked by a neighbouring building.

Back