News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I understand everyone's frustration with the litter. But as I said it was a "caribana" event. And the kids with the cardboard event invites were all over the place passing them out to people who have no clue whats going on, and then in the end those placeholders just fall to the ground. It happens all the time on Lakeshore and Yonge during Caribana.

The ground is littered with the shit, I dont think there is anything you can do to stop it.

I understand everyone's frustration with the litter. But as I said it was a "caribana" event. And the kids with the cardboard event invites were all over the place passing them out to people who have no clue whats going on, and then in the end those placeholders just fall to the ground. It happens all the time on Lakeshore and Yonge during Caribana.

The ground is littered with the shit, I dont think there is anything you can do to stop it.

I once had a guy one year tell me they should cancel Caribana because there was too much litter by the participants. He had no problem with SARSstock or any other large events...just Caribana. It was ridiculous.

You should have seen Trinity-Bellwoods after the Portuguese festivities last weekend...

For anyone interested in boats, there are two large and luxurious pleasure craft currently docked at HTO West

hi guys, nice forum, im from argentina and im just designing a housing complex for university (im studying architecture at university of buenos aires) well im here because i've been searching some examples of parks, outdoor space, i found this park last week and im really love it, i took this park as an example, definetely i'll desing something very similiar to HtO, but im here to know how's life in this park, how's it work! thats why im reading opinions!

hi guys, nice forum, im from argentina and im just designing a housing complex for university (im studying architecture at university of buenos aires) well im here because i've been searching some examples of parks, outdoor space, i found this park last week and im really love it, i took this park as an example, definetely i'll desing something very similiar to HtO, but im here to know how's life in this park, how's it work! thats why im reading opinions!

Check out sugar beach, similar style but way better quality wise ... it's east of Yonge on Queens Quay.

Check out sugar beach, similar style but way better quality wise ... it's east of Yonge on Queens Quay.

And while you're there check out Sherbourne Common (park) just east of there. You might get lucky and see it with the water channel flowing.

oook thanks!! im searching in google earth, but its quite difficult, anyway i'll try again!
the main idea i took from HtO park is the concept of separate green spaces and that green spaces looks like islands, being usable for differents kinds of persons, for example in my project im thinking a "green island" for kids, another for old people,etc all these spaces to cover the needs of all the people thats going to live in my housing complex

… im thinking a "green island" for kids…

51K6ow7XI2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

oook thanks!! im searching in google earth, but its quite difficult, anyway i'll try again!
the main idea i took from HtO park is the concept of separate green spaces and that green spaces looks like islands, being usable for differents kinds of persons, for example in my project im thinking a "green island" for kids, another for old people,etc all these spaces to cover the needs of all the people thats going to live in my housing complex

Hey matilast, thanks for taking an interest in our city!

The parks the other members spoke of are here. Sugar Beach is the unfinished parcel to the left of the Corus Entertainment building and Sherbourne Common occupies the unfinished parcel to the right of Lower Sherbourne Street and continues south towards the water to the other side of Queens Quay Blvd E.

With regard to your housing project, the idea of programming different 'islands' into a shared space is an interesting one but it would be wise to keep the 'separations' as porous as possible. Often when spaces are segregated and programmed, people feel as though there isn't one which properly fits them and will move on to more universal ground. Perhaps you shouldn't program the different islands too heavily so that one which toddlers love in the morning has features which can be enjoyed by seniors in the afternoon and teens in the evening. Check out Toronto's WaveDeck project for an excellent example of these sorts of spaces.

Happy posting!

Splash Pad Fountains??

...But where is the splash pad fountains supposed to be in HtO?.. better late than never i guess???

Back