News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow I am happy that moving to Canada thrills you so much! Welcome and I hope this all works out for you. As for the struggle, you appear to be up for the task. The struggle makes reaching your goals sweeter in the end.

To be succinctly clear without giving too much information, I am coming on an study-to-work pathway. I'm taking unnecessary courses and its draining my entire life savings and requiring me to make major changes and become much more meager with my living standards (meager would be an understatement), but I had no other option because my PR application was denied. I'm not proud that this is the way I was forced into, but it will work. I'm a legal temporary resident and after the study program is complete I will have an automatic work permit, and at that point I should be able to renew with the employer. After 3 years I can apply to become a permanent resident.

It would be tough while studying/working, but might I suggest volunteering? It's a great way to network, make friends, show good intentions, do some good for others and possibly meet people with similar immigration experiences (depending on where you volunteer).

Congratulations, Brandon! What will you be studying? If it's a program where you have to take a work placement afterwards, then there might be a chance for that company to keep you on after the placement.

Good luck with everything, though.

C

p.s. when I saw the thread title, I thought someone was turning 19 (i.e. when I was in university, being "legal" meant that you were 19 years old and therefore LEGALLY able to buy booze)

Thank you, thank you, everyone! :)

My only disappointment is that we won't get to do a pints in Pitts!

So happy for you, I know we've discussed this for years and great to see it finally come to reality.

Yep, it is something that takes a lot of determination. I should try and come up for pride this year, maybe I'll get to see everyone for the first time in ages.

Brandon: It proves how hard it actually is to get into Canada...

Brandon: Congratulations to you-you kept trying and you never gave up your wish to live in Canada and now it has finally paid off! This proves how hard it is to become a Canadian immigrant even to come from the USA!
I wish you the best-LI MIKE

Brandon: Congratulations to you-you kept trying and you never gave up your wish to live in Canada and now it has finally paid off! This proves how hard it is to become a Canadian immigrant even to come from the USA!
I wish you the best-LI MIKE

Kindly tell everyone in the US who thinks we let every drug dealer, terrorist and psychopath into the country.

Brandon,

I saw Darkstar over the weekend and he told me the great news. I had to come back and log on just to share in your joy, it gave me chills.

Congratulations! Welcome Home!

Thanks Mot, i'm certainly coming home!

Back