News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yes Doug, you're right I did defend Cresford once... but I have since recanted many times. I was a fool for ever defending them.

Sorry if you think forming my opinions based on my experiences and what I witness is childish.

Response to Casaguy

I feel sorry for you that you are stuck in such a small world. You need to step out of your surroundings and see the rest of Canada and maybe even the USA. You will soon see that what you've "seen with your own eyes" is but a minority and as such, your arguement is totally invalid.

the 2 hate mailers are ridiculous... just pathetic attempts at cheap-shots. Casaguy, I think you've nailed them on their previous ID's!

And yet another example. At least this time we have a name: David Sheppard, 35, of Bowmanville, Ontario seems to have zero regard for the lives of others. A perfect example of TrickyRicky's post above.

-----------------

Motorcyclist clocked at 50 kilometres over speed limit

Updated: Mon Aug. 30 2010 10:42:03 AM

The Canadian Press

source here

A man has an October court date after provincial police clocked a motorcycle doing 50 kilometres over the speed limit in eastern Ontario.

Police say a motorcycle was travelling at 130 kilometres an hour Saturday on a county road near Campbellford.

An officer pursued the bike but called it off for safety reasons.

Another officer stopped the bike in Campbellford.

David Sheppard, 35, of Bowmanville, Ont., is charged with dangerous driving, flight from police and racing a motor vehicle.

He's due in court on Oct. 5.

I wonder if he is related to Darcy Sheppard? Two crazy cyclists...

the 2 hate mailers are ridiculous... just pathetic attempts at cheap-shots. Casaguy, I think you've nailed them on their previous ID's!

Wow...who are the haters again?
Yo guys should make your club a little more private, since you're so offended by others opinions.

Hwy. 401 accident haunting: Veteran motorcyclists

By QMI Agency

WHITBY - Avid motorcyclists say they are haunted by a grisly weekend hit-and-run fatality on Hwy. 401 in Whitby.

The details of the deadly and callous incident, in which a passenger was apparently dismembered as she was thrown from a racing-style bike that fled the scene, have left even seasoned veterans of the road shaken.

“All of us are sickened about what happened Friday night,” Karl Squire said Monday, after reading an eyewitness’s account in the Toronto Sun.

Squire is a longtime bike enthusiast and a member of several motorcycle clubs, who lives near the accident scene.

“This is the most horrifying motorcycle accident I have ever heard of in my 30 years of riding,” he said.

Jennifer Howey, 38, a Toronto woman who was driving west on Hwy. 401 around the time the accident occurred, said the motorcycle passed her at 180 to 190 km/h and was weaving dangerously in and out of traffic.

About a minute later, her SUV was passed by a speeding Durham police car with its lights flashing. Howey believes the cruiser was in pursuit of the bike.

Farther down the highway, just west of Brock St., Howey noticed the flashing lights of the now stopped cruiser and suddenly found herself dodging body parts that were strewn across the highway.

The province’s special investigations unit is probing the incident and confirms a Durham officer attempted to stop the bike.

It’s alleged that instead of stopping, the driver took off, and as he accelerated, his passenger tumbled off the back of the bike and was hit by “one or more vehicles.” The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, but her name and age have yet to be released.

“We’re still in the process of trying to identify the deceased,” SIU spokesman Monica Hudon said.

OPP investigators continue to hunt for the motorcyclist who fled the scene.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/08/30/15190856.html

I ride a 1970 Triumph twin with about 35 hp. If you see me on the DVP I'm the ride riding behind grandma's Buick doing about 85 kph. I'm also always wearing ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time), including full face helmet, armoured leather pants, jacket, boots and gloves. Statistically everyone has at least one fall in their motorcycle riding career, even if it's a 2 kph in the driveway.

Another interesting statistic from my riding classes. Of 100% of motorcycle crashes:
- 25% are fully the motorcyclist's fault with no other vehicles involved (these are usually a novice overdriving his abilities, or an impaired rider)
- 25% are half (50%) the the motorcyclist's fault, and involve another vehicle sharing the other 50% (for example, car turned left in front, but bike accelerated through amber light instead of slowing with caution)
- 25% are a quarter (25%) the motorcyclist's fault and involve another vehicle sharing the other 75%
- 25% are fully the other vehicle's fault

So, a good motorcyclist can avoid 75% of all crashes by simply riding more carefully. The final 25% can be usually be avoided by good predictive and defensive riding, i.e. assume that F150 is going to turn left in front of you. I strongly believe that the idiots on motorcycles pad the statistics, while us slow and safe riders pay the insurance premiums.

As for the typical organ donor comments, I have a bit of advice: everybody dies, everyone. Don't take insane risks if you have a dependent family, but the man upstairs can claim you at any time. My 38 year old brother suffered a brain annerysm sitting on his front porch, crippled his mind and nearly killed him, and likely will in the end. Every one on this forum, even you youngish university students and recent grads will be dead within six to seven decades. I prefer to ride my machine, no worries.

Calling all motorcycle drivers idiots is a very childish attempt to prove a point. I'm assuming you guys and girls on here are older than 15 so we can refrain from the name calling.
The only accident i've ever been in while driving my motorcycle is when a car turned right from the middle lane, and he didn't hit only my motorcycle, he also hit a parked car.
How many times do we see careless drivers run over passengers just because the car driver is in a rush and can't wait the 10 seconds it takes to cross the street.
How often do you see crashes on DVP because these car drivers don't know how to keep a safe distance? I've seen too many in the few months i've been here.
Yes there are certain motorcycle drivers who are careless just as there are careless people driving cars, even pedestrians are careless.

Biker fatally injured in crash with cop car

From the Toronto Sun:

By TOM GODFREY, Toronto Sun

dynamic_resize

A man has died after slamming his motorcycle into a stationary police car in a Brampton intersection over the weekend.

The province’s Special Investigations Unit, which probes any serious injury or death involving police, is looking into Friday night’s fatal crash.

But it appears the fatality had little to do with police.

Peel cops were investigating a separate accident near Hurontario St. and Bovaird Dr., a block south of where the motorcyclist crashed around 8:20 p.m., the SIU explained in a statement released Saturday.

A cruiser was parked across the southbound lanes of Hurontario to block traffic from travelling through Fisherman Dr. But the southbound motorcycle drove straight into the passenger side door of the stopped police car.

“We’re still interviewing witnesses who can help us understand what the weather conditions and the lighting conditions were like at the time,†SIU investigator Rob Waters said, explaining it was too early to say why the biker was unable to avoid ramming the cruiser.

The motorcycle came to an abrupt stop and the rider was sent flying.

It’s believed the man had no vital signs when emergency crews arrived on the scene.

Paramedics were able to revive the motorcyclist and he was rushed to the trauma centre at Sunnybrook hospital in Toronto. The man was later pronounced dead.

The victim’s name and age were not immediately released.

Anyone with information should call investigators at 416-622-1925 or 1-800-787-8529, ext. 1925.

And yet another motorcyclist was rushed to hospital with critical injuries after crashing on Hwy. 427 near Dixon Rd. around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

Biker fatally injured in crash with cop car
This exactly fits my post on motorcycle statistics. A large portion of motorcycle crashes are single vehicle affairs, or if another vehicle is involved the rider was 100% at fault.

What we need is limited engine power of under 50 hp for new motorcyclists for their first five years of riding. My 500cc machine has 34 hp, and that's plenty for me, I can cruise at 100 kph if needed. The regulations can't just be engine displacement, since you can get 100 hp on a 500cc Yamaha RD500, while a 750cc Motto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic has only 49hp.

Back