News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

piggal23

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello there,

I will be moving back to Toronto end of next year and wonder what is the best time to buy. Now or later given the current property market? My budget is 350K max.

If now is the time, which one is better investment iLOFTS OR FLATIRON? I like them both but not sure about the locations.

For FLATIRON, there are quite a few LOFTS buildings along Carlaw Avenue already. Will it make the building less attractive? :confused: Is LDC (Lamb Development Corp) a good builder for its quality?

For iLOFTS, is it consider as waterfront loft? Do you think people will have concern for the transportation over there with no subway nearby?

Super thanks for your advice and suggestion !!

I am not sure what condo size you are looking for, how many beds, but for $350k you can get a much better project and location than ilofts or flatiron

I am not sure what condo size you are looking for, how many beds, but for $350k you can get a much better project and location than ilofts or flatiron

Ideally, 2 beds or 1 + Den and 800 to 1000 sq fts. What other better project that worth the money? Thanks

all depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for an investment I would not buy any of those projects you mentioned. I would not buy anything from Brad Lamp until do not see his final product, let's wait until he finishes Glas and then we will see. In the meantime I would prefer to buy from well known developers such as Great Gulf Homes, Peter Freed or Context, with these developers you won't have any worries about quality. There are many concerns right now about what is coming on the real estate market, so do not risk your money, put it on a demand location like King West if you like it, there are great projects coming up like Charlie, Victory Condos, 550 Wellington, Fashionhouse. Probably you won't find 800 sq ft for $350k, mayble less square footage, but higher quality and location

if you have any questions regarding ilofts PM me...$350,000 you can get at least a 900-1000 SqFt condo..I really like the condos sprouting out around HighPark or the Mystic Point area,some may disagree but it all depends as what you want from a condo?....$350,000 you got a lot of choices.

opinion

http://www.flatironlofts.ca/flash.php

Hey urban friends,

Your inputs please for the attached 650 sq fts 1-bed floorplan + 262 sq fts Terrace & Balcony ($292K on 10th floor, parking separate for 27.5K).

Super thanks!!

For a small unit, it's pretty good. Shallow, but obviously will get lots of light regardless of the direction it faces. Terrace is a bit shallow on the wider side, but you get lots of it. Personally, I'm not sold on this area but if you are, it's a pretty good small unit.
Did you purchase it? Have you looked at comparables?

Thanks guys. Yea, I find it a bit expensive too for the unit. Does anyone know $$ per sq ft should include Terrace/Balcony? OR Terrace and Balcony are just there to attract buyers by the builders.

cost of terrace or balcony

Thanks guys. Yea, I find it a bit expensive too for the unit. Does anyone know $$ per sq ft should include Terrace/Balcony? OR Terrace and Balcony are just there to attract buyers by the builders.

I've tried to figure this out many times in the past. Like, if a unit is $400k with 1000sq ft and 200 outdoor terrace, how do you calculate how much is per sq ft for interior vs. exterior?
a) (1000x$350)+(200x$250)=$400k?
b) (1000x$375)+(200x$125)=$400k?
I came to the realization that even if builders have such a formula, it really comes down to how much you value the outdoor space. I don't value outdoor space that much, just need a place to have a smoke. My friend as another example, loves outdoor space and wants a full terrace - even if it is bigger than his indoor space.
The same thinking can be applied for any trait you are trying to factor or cost. What is most important to you and how much would you pay for that feature?

...but as a sidenote: I find that outdoor space is much more useful if it's deep instead of long. I would take an 8x8 balcony over a 5x20.

Back