News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What?! I think I got more out of home ec than I did out of any other class. Want to guess how many differential equations I've had to solve at work? Zero. But being able to sew a button back on, that's a damn useful skill.

I don't see what's so bad about teaching kids a couple practical things while they're in school, things that they might actually get to use at some point. Personally I'd love to see a MacGyver 101 class brought into the cirriculum; how to handle day-to-day catastrophes using commonly available items.

What?! I think I got more out of home ec than I did out of any other class. Want to guess how many differential equations I've had to solve at work? Zero. But being able to sew a button back on, that's a damn useful skill.

I don't see what's so bad about teaching kids a couple practical things while they're in school, things that they might actually get to use at some point. Personally I'd love to see a MacGyver 101 class brought into the cirriculum; how to handle day-to-day catastrophes using commonly available items.

Youtube can teach the kids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSs_DiJ-ZA

These articles about the schools needing to find a white knight as so disingenous. How would the school board have paid for the pools prior to the province uploading them? Raising property taxes is how. Any local political body capable or raising property taxes (on the exact same properties that would have been taxed with the old system) and signing a deal with the school board? The city council can. If the citizens of Toronto want school pools they should give their city councillor hell. City council is the avenue by which we can pay for infrastructure and services that we as a city want and it is the only way to do it when the province or federal government don't agree with Torontonians. The city is completely capable of negotiating a deal to keep school pools open and create a framework to control costs and priorities at those pools.

Stop looking for white knights TDSB... your voters are your city councillors voters.

Back