News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

No. Northland still uses Central Station, though it remains the only tenant.
Northland stops at the station, but it also stops at the VIA station, and according to the schedule the terminus is CHEO. Presumably they could simply stop along any street anywhere - or just run from the VIA station.

For your compilation, sir.

Great to see that go ahead, as it will make useful stops in Victoria Harbour, Waubaushene, and Coldwater as well as directly connecting Orillia and Midland.

The Selwyn-Curve Lake First Nation service is also set to go May 3, 2021; maps, schedules, and fares are now online. The two routes (Lakefield/Curve Lake and Bridgenorth/Ennismore) connect to Peterborough Transit (and, via a walk to the east bank to GO Transit) at Trent University; fares include a free transfer to Peterborough Transit.

Ottawa's Greyhound station on Catherine Street has been sold to a developer:

I dont know how I missed this. Simply an incredible, short-sighted, and stupid decision by Ottawa. At least try and come up with a concrete plan before just blindfully selling off the property.

The fact that both the Feds and to an extent, various provincial governments allowed them to go belly up completely is just shameful.

There are many cities/towns that are now permanently losing connections to each other, and now the costs of travel will be going up fairly substantially. There's no replacement even in the books for a lot of the more popular routes (ie: Toronto to Detroit, via London).

But that's fine, lets just allow large corporations to piss away Wage subsidy money on share buybacks/dividends. Meanwhile vital transport companies go out of business altogether.

and it's gone!
Oh no! Anyways...

greyhound deserved to go under. They made no effort to adopt to electronic ticket and take advantage of the internet. All they had was a monopoly on intercity. Clear example of failing to adopt.
After taking BlaBla Bus in Europe before the pandemic they ran a great system. Didn’t have to print my tickets and the bus driver had an electronic manifest if riders. Just had to show my I’d to board.

looking forward to Ontario Northland running bus service Ottawa all the way to Winnipeg and multiple operators running competitive service in southern Ontario.

..They made no effort to adopt to electronic ticket and take advantage of the internet...
You could definitely buy tickets on the internet. I travelled to both London and Windsor some time in the last five or ten years, and bought the ticket at least one of those times on the internet, though I recall having to do it at a public library where I could print the ticket since I've never had a printer at home.

You could definitely buy tickets on the internet. I travelled to both London and Windsor some time in the last five or ten years, and bought the ticket at least one of those times on the internet, though I recall having to do it at a public library where I could print the ticket since I've never had a printer at home.
I had to print mine too. Which is absolutely ludicrous with current technology such as Apple Wallet and QR codes.

Yes i agree. Airlines and even Via lets you scan a QR code from your phone. Why could you not do it with them?
The had stops where you would just give your printed ticket to the driver and they'd just hold onto it. The drivers didn't have any equipment to scan the tickets. Some of my friends would just buy one ticket, and print it 3 times and split it. I had an Unlimited VIA pass so I didn't participate.

There's no doubt Greyhound Canada used some antiquated technology and operated like they were in the stone age, that's a point I wont dispute at all.

From a bus perspective; asides from the Prevost fleet of buses both sides operated, the Canadian fleet was definitely much more comfortable compared to the American fleet. I wouldnt be surprised if the Americans brought up the junk buses to operate the Canada-U.S routes.

Back