8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

jameschang112

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any interesting ideas on what to do in Toronto? Maybe something fitting for a date? I was thinking something along the lines of a segway tour of the distillery district, exploring the abandoned subway station on bay, etc. Just random not everything things to do.

Do the Segway thing, don't do the lower Bay subway thing: the tunnel is wired with motion detectors... unless your date would enjoy running from security.

Why not just a stroll around the Distillery district? You know, with feet. It's not a big place. Then you can look in the galleries and shops and stop for a drink or some food.

I've seen people on Segways at the Distillery. The look like pathetic idiots. You don't want to look like a pathetic idiot on a date.

But maybe you have some strange impairment that allows you to stand for a long period of time, but not walk. In that case I apologize for my insensitivity.

I've seen people on Segways at the Distillery. The look like pathetic idiots. You don't want to look like a pathetic idiot on a date.

Wow...did someone on a Segway run over your dog or something? I did a Segway tour of the Montreal waterfront and it was a lot of fun. The point isn't that people are using a Segway because they can't (or don't want to) walk, the point is that it's an fun activity that people don't get to do very often.

Doing a Segway tour of the Distillery District also doesn't stop people from actually walking around the area after the tour, having dinner, seeing some galleries, etc.

Neighbourhood walks.

Cherry Beach.

Leslie Spit.

College Street.

Yorkville.

Riverdale Park.

Just a few cool places to visit and eat (some of my favs., not already mentioned), Kensington Market, Gerrard East (Little India), Queen East, The Music Garden - really kind of romantic on a warm summer evening (Queens Quay & Bathurst), Upper Jarvis/Church-Wellesley Village, St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood, Chinatown/Spadina Ave., Cabbagetown (east of Parliament, roughly south of Wellesley to Carlton) - some good restaurants on Parliament n. of Carlton, U of T grounds, the Annex, Queen West-West.... on & on...

Last edited:
Definitely the Beach. Walking along the boardwalk is lovely, and there's a wide variety of good restaurants on Queen Street.

Wow...did someone on a Segway run over your dog or something? I did a Segway tour of the Montreal waterfront and it was a lot of fun. The point isn't that people are using a Segway because they can't (or don't want to) walk, the point is that it's an fun activity that people don't get to do very often.

Doing a Segway tour of the Distillery District also doesn't stop people from actually walking around the area after the tour, having dinner, seeing some galleries, etc.

Hank, I'm gonna have to agree with TOinTO. People on Segways do look like idiots. Plus they can be dangerous. Just look at this video of soccer moms trying to be cool/hip/funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUYFOGdUyyg

As for the date idea, I suggest a Jays game.

Luminato starts tomorrow. Grab yourself a programme. There is sure to something that suits your tastes.

Like TAJ MAHAL playing free concert in front of Metro Hall on Saturday! Awesome.

Luminato starts tomorrow. Grab yourself a programme. There is sure to something that suits your tastes.

Like TAJ MAHAL playing free concert in front of Metro Hall on Saturday! Awesome.

Take advantage of outdoor events on Friday & Saturday, Sunday to Wednesday looks like a washout.

Hank, I'm gonna have to agree with TOinTO. People on Segways do look like idiots. Plus they can be dangerous.

Well, I sort of agree that they do look funny, and I probably looked funny on the Segway in Montreal, but who cares? It's still a fun activity...I don't care what random people nearby think I look like. And people get into accidents on bikes and rollerblades too...they're still fun activities.

Back