News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Vaughan would be an excellent choice. Always see him on Parliamentary footage sitting two rows behind the PM. He's a bit wasted there, but would allow TO to have a more direct ear in Ottawa.

Got to ask you ADRM, the last three initials are David Miller's...are you?

I wish, as I could then quite easily convince myself that I should indeed run to become the Mayor our city needs :)

I like Adam Vaughan, but I question how well he'd do outside the old city limits. He's sort of the epitome of the aloof, Champagne sipping downtown elitist know-it-all culture that Scarborough and Etobicoke councilors argue governs Toronto. I also think it's unlikely he will run - he has a safe federal seat and oversees the Housing porfolio.

I could see Shelley Carroll, KWT or Gord Perks appealing to various segments of the city.

If Vaughan fails the latte-sipping elitist test, then both KWT and Perks certainly do (and I type that literally as I sip a latte).

It shows that he reads, a trait that somehow escaped a fair chunk of council.

AoD
And on a serious note, even more than reads....he has *imagination*. I'm in a very cynical phase at this point with Toronto civic and provincial legislature politics. I can't ever recall so abject a lack of vision. Queen's Park will probably find some equilibrium, Toronto city council? Why would Miller (or anyone bright and creative) want to demean himself after escaping it?

I can find only one word to describe what summates my feeling on TO council at this time: Claustrophobia, the thinking is so small and self-referencing.

How do people feel about Cressy?

I wasn't a fan of him when he ran for MPP in Ward 20, and was glad he lost. That being said, he seems to be winning my trust as councillor. Despite him clearly being associated with the NDP, he seems to be able to work well with other members of council from all political stripes, and seems to be working well with Han Dong and Adam Vaughan despite both being Liberals.

He doesn't have any of the baggage that Perks or Vaughan have, which could work in his favour. His age could also help him attract the youth vote.

Amazing how my opinion has changed in such a few short years, but I wouldn't mind Cressy as mayor.

The only positive thing I can think of that came from Miller is the blue bin program.

Without Miller we would not have Ford. The latter needed the former's disgraceful submission to the garbage strike, along with a general sense of being disconnected, in order to achieve power.

Bringing Miller back will get us Doug Ford as mayor four years later.

Back