News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I sure hope the configuration goes through. It's nightmare for anyone not familiar with the area. It can even be challenging if you drive it everyday.

Since the provincial courthouse is cancelled for this Westwood Theatre lands, it is now likely for developers to buy up those lands and build them with high tall condominiums... but this area desperately needs food store around! I believe Concord will buy up those lands and make like those at Cityplace in downtown Toronto.

Yes :( Rexdale/Westway actually.
Coaches Football at Don Bosco, Islington & St Andrew's Blvd.

Whatever happened w/ Woodbine Live, Robbie!? Ugh.

Haven't you heard? He magically turned Rexdale into Rosedale.

Since Rob Ford is from Etobicoke, he should push through the reconfiguration of six points.

He's too pro-automobile to push for a change of the intersection from auto-oriented to a more pedestrian-oriented alignment. It'll have to pushed by others.

...well, within his own "cabinet". In which case, it wouldn't be Rob Ford so much as Peter Milczyn...

He's too pro-automobile to push for a change of the intersection from auto-oriented to a more pedestrian-oriented alignment. It'll have to pushed by others.

I wouldn't describe the current configuration as really pro-anyone. It's more friendly to motorists than pedestrians or cyclists, sure, but it's still probably the worst intersection to drive through in the city.

I wouldn't describe the current configuration as really pro-anyone. It's more friendly to motorists than pedestrians or cyclists, sure, but it's still probably the worst intersection to drive through in the city.

There's an auto-oriented reconstruction that's possible too. One might simply see a reconfigured ramp system, or a politicized hybrid of some ramps and some traditional intersections that won't be very functional for any user.

Did any one go to the open house that they had a couple weeks ago? What was said there?

It is pretty bad. I don't drive through it frequently and am always worried I'll end up on the wrong street because it's confusing.

I drive it everyday, and despite being confusing traffic is NEVER congested or backed up. Sure its not pedestrian friendly, but where would pedestrians actually need to walk to (other than the TTC stop which in my opinion is a stretch). There isn't any shopping to draw people towards the police station or down Kipling.

Why not spend some money on an intersection that is actually congested or unsafe for the droves of pedestrians...

I drive it everyday, and despite being confusing traffic is NEVER congested or backed up. Sure its not pedestrian friendly, but where would pedestrians actually need to walk to (other than the TTC stop which in my opinion is a stretch). There isn't any shopping to draw people towards the police station or down Kipling.

Why not spend some money on an intersection that is actually congested or unsafe for the droves of pedestrians...

Actually, the plan is to make the area more lively with pedestrians over time by redeveloping the lands around Six Points with dense, mixed-use developments in continuing with the Etobicoke City Centre precedent. It won't work out with the current setup. The reconfiguration of Six Points is the kind of change needed in order to avoid stagnation with vacant and underused lands.

Back