News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ford changed a plan and you supported him. Tory changed a plan and you supported him. Jennifer changes a plan and you don't support her. What am I missing?

I was expecting a tweet about the Yorkdale shooting by now. I don't want a David Miller 'ban hand guns' b.s. response.

Last edited:
My apologize. I read enough of these posts that I have the general trend of certain people. Sorry for confusing you with some others.

As a volunteer on Keesmaat's team, I support Tory? Anything else you would like to make up? Go to Post #130 in this thread and read what I wrote! I will be voting for her!!

Though it does raise a good question. What exactly would Keesmaat have to do on the transit portfolio to appease Scarborough voters?

I just don't trust Keesmaat on transit in Scarborough. She is on record advocating the 1 stop subway, even though her private position is LRT. Now suddenly she is ok with the 3 stop subway, but she is going to force Ontario to pay somehow? If they don't it isn't getting built I guess since it isn't in "her platform."

I just don't trust Keesmaat on transit in Scarborough. She is on record advocating the 1 stop subway, even though her private position is LRT. Now suddenly she is ok with the 3 stop subway, but she is going to force Ontario to pay somehow? If they don't it isn't getting built I guess since it isn't in "her platform."
You really think that Ford won't build the Scarborough Subway?

Well I really don;t think its a realistic scenario. He will likely pass legislation forcing the city to pay what it already promised it would in the case Keesmaat tries to play hardball with the funding. I mean, does that sound really out of character for him?

But even if that doesn't happen, there is a chance he gets #Meetooed like Patrick Brown and replaced with a premier who is less of a subways person and who will just cut the funding for the project.

Still, personally, I am not willing to gamble Sacarbrough Subway funding just so the waterfront LRT lines can be built like Keesmaat is suggesting.

Though it does raise a good question. What exactly would Keesmaat have to do on the transit portfolio to appease Scarborough voters?

Your answer hath cometh! (As predicted, and she's one huge jump ahead of Tory. She saw this coming and planned her next feint accordingly)
Ontario appoints special adviser for plan to take over Toronto’s subway
By BEN SPURRTransportation Reporter
Fri., Aug. 31, 2018

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...0476AF8A93F6714D097B721A&utm_campaign=bn_4983

What's curious is not the SSE move, Kismet has played that bluff almost perfectly, but the Relief Line. Here's where things get convoluted and compound. Kismet has 'owned' the Relief Line as her darling project...and it may not be the City's to own!

Wisla and I have been agreeing a lot on what the Relief Line should be in terms of 'regional' in nature, and according to reports, that's what the upload is to embrace.

It's still up in the air as to what "subway" actually means in terms of the technology. And is this announcement from QP going to force the first 'revision' from Kismet?

Lots to discuss on this one.
Kismet - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet
Kismet (/ˈkɪzmɪt, -mɛt, ˈkɪs-/, Turkish: kısmet, from Arabic قِسْمَة qisma) means "fate, destiny" in several languages, including Albanian, Bulgarian, Persian, Kurdish, Serbo-Croatian, Turkish, Urdu, Hindi.

Last edited:

Back