News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
For a minute there I thought this was the Ubisoft building. I didn't even know they were building something across the street.

Last edited:
It looks like a polished building. There's no parking in front, so it meets the street in the appropriate manner for this neighbourhood. The diversity of uses it may bring once people and businesses move in will also be positive. This building is also significant for the city, which needs all its neighbourhoods to develop well, not just a select few.

The brickwork is attractive on the facade, though it could have used some stone accents or even polychromatic brickwork in the Victorian tradition it draws inspiration from. Nonetheless, the developer should be proud for putting up this refined development at this location, rather than junking it with something like the housing developments around the infamous BeBloor.

That's pretty good, now take it and strip it down a bit and it is a building friendly like 1911 yet something more authentic.

Not having been there in person it seems to be a pretty nice new development, but I think I like it for its function more then its execution. The spaces and amenities are great for supporting a wide range of tenants, so a versatile addition to the neighbourhood, but it just looks a little lackluster to me.

The nod to the heritage brick warehouse is good in my books but I agree with junctionist that it could use more interesting brick and stone detailing. Really why not push it a bit and give it some real character. Some design elements sculpted in stone in the facade would be nice, and to carve "Richmond Town Manors" along the top and slap the year 2011 up there would help to establish the building. I do love the second floor arched windows but they could be bigger and have a more detailed framing. Looks a little like it an actual heritage structure that had lost its frills years ago and has just now been refurbished.

It does compliment the building across the street and makes me think an extra floor or two set back couldn't hurt, maybe with studios that are more open to natural light. Great that the building has roof top access, hopefully there are some green thumbs amongst the tenants.

Looking forward to checking it out first hand after everyone moves in.

Back